If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
DStv Online are the digital pioneers who marry video and technology to bring you the best possible entertainment experience across all platforms. The DStv Online team takes the heaps of awesome entertainment and services that exist in the MultiChoice stable and delivers it to customers via breakthrough technologies.
Providing a range of services through our successful websites DStv.com, SuperSport.com and Mnet.co.za amongst others, we also shaken things up with products such as BoxOffice and DStv Catch Up - two of the most successful VOD services on the African continent.
Reporting to the GM: Content, you will work with the content team to structure and guide the content strategy, acquisitions and planning. You will be involved in the negotiating and drafting agreements with various content suppliers internationally and locally. You will also oversee the Acquisitions and Planning Managers responsible for all areas of content. You will be someone who is passionate about the fast-paced and ever changing content and digital space.
You will work with internal and external parties including local and international studios and distributors, external agencies and production companies, and other internal companies.
You will be heavily involved in the following:
Strategy and Acquisitions:
- Accountable forimplementing and updating the DStv Digital Media content strategy.
- Create, implement and sign off on all scheduling strategies.
- Research and keep abreast of new industry content and consumption trends and how to support content innovation in the digital space.
- Facilitate the screening and selection of the relevant movies, series and other programming required on the service.
- Administer and negotiate content deals.
- Approve Letters of Offer and negotiate license fees and terms with independent studios, distributors as well as local suppliers.
- Check and sign-off content plans on monthly basis.
- Liaise with Contracts and Finance departments to facilitate the loading of Deal Memos on Synergy.
- Liaise with Contracts and Finance departments to execute deals.
- Facilitate any changes to executed contracts.
- Administer and request suitable license start dates from suppliers, taking into account volumes, categories and refresh rates for all content.
- Facilitate and oversee content contract administration.
- Ensure content delivered according to required material specifications and manage workflows with suppliers.
- Manage and oversee the outputs and performance of the Acquisitions and Planning team across all content segments.
Budget and scheduling
- Develop, draft and manage budgets with the Acquisitions and Planning Managers across all content segments.
- Ensure that the required volumes and categories of content have been planned for, and adhered to, in the overall budget.
- Check monthly forecast against cost of sales.
- Schedule must maximise negotiated deal terms.
- Approve all schedule changes.
- Manage supplier relationships.
- Manage monthly ad hoc projects, reports and presentations.
- Manage the performance and output of staff through the approved procedures and processes.
- Attend international markets where required.
- Support business with any new developments.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in content acquisitions / distribution (licensing, structuring and drafting pay or free TV agreements).
- Extensive local and international content knowledge and passion.
- Practical industry experience (content consumption and viewing trends, content protection/security, media windowing models/strategies - theatrical, VOD, Pay TV, FTV, syndication and home video landscapes).
- Understanding and experience of the digital television market.
- Flexible working hours required to ensure contact with international suppliers.
- Assertiveness, attention to detail, very analytical, performance driven, goal orientated, ability to build relationships.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, and can work well under pressure quickly and accurately.
- Appropriate Degree or Post Graduate degree.
- International market (acquisitions / distribution) experience will be an advantage.
- Financial management experience.
- Legal experience.
- Customer service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Well organised and has a proven track record in end to end product development and maintenance.
- Negotiating skills.
Method of Application
To apply, click here