Save the Children International is a 'dual mandate' organisation and as such equal priority will be given to both humanitarian and development work. This is the only way we will be able to ensure that some of the fundamental rights that we believe children have, such as survival, safety and constant access to protection and education can be guaranteed. As part of a commitment to work with children through humanitarian interventions Save the Children will support programmes in both sudden onset and chronic emergency situations.
· Significant management experience working in emergency response or fragile state contexts, including direct experience in implementing cash transfer programmes, market analysis and economic recovery.
· Previous first phase emergency response experience is essential
· Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
· Previous experience of managing a team
· Previous experience of project management
· Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
· Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
· Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
· Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
· Experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
· Experience of preparing successful funding proposals for donors
· Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
· Excellent communication skills with a high level of written and spoken English
· Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
· The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
· Language skills in Hausa
· Knowledge and / or experience in using HEA, COD and EMMA / MIFIRA
· Familiarity with nutrition surveys
· Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
· Specific experience of designing and managing DFID and ECHO projects
· Specific experience of working in consortia projects.
Kindly send your C.V. and covering letter on or before 23rd April, 2015 explaining why you are suitable to Nigeria.HumanitarianVacancy@savethechildren.org State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified. Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In order to apply for more great opportunities, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net/jobs
For more information and to support our work, please visit our website on www.savethechildren.net
Our selection processes reflect our commitment to safeguard children from abuse. Our people are as diverse as the challenges we face. WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE AN IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES? JOIN US!!!