A Food Manufacturing Company situated in Agbara, Ogun state is recruiting suitably qualified candidates into the following position:
Reports to: Manager - Production
• 1: Senior Operators, Operators
• 2. Helpers & Contract Workmen
Is the front line operations executive in a factory, responsible for manufacturing operations in his shift as well as overall responsibility in evening & night shifts. Responsible for execution of the Production Plans (Daily, Weekly & Monthly) through optimal utilization of available resources (Men, Machine, Material). Is involved in the new products trial to enable effective mass production. The production executive is a strong leader of a team of technicians and production operators in a shift. He is responsible for production output, productivity and efficiency at desired quality levels.
1. Executing Production Plan, to desired quality & productivity norms.
2. Achieving manufacturing efficiencies – machines and people.
3. Implementing company policies & systems on shop-floor.
4. Proper allocation, utilization of manpower on shop-floor.
5. Maintain discipline in shop-floor.
6. Ensure Hygiene in shop-floor
7. Day to day Co-ordination with Engineering, Quality & Stores for achieving targets.
8. Controlling Raw material and Packaging material wastages.
9. Ensure Safety of men, machines and materials on the shop-floor
• Manage company and contractual manpower and allocate manpower to shifts.
• Manage resources to get optimum production output.
• Collate and provide inputs on production issues
• Coordinate with Engineering to ensure availability Machine for production
• Report the daily production details
• Achieve line wise productivity as per standard Norm• Proper utilization of manpower
• Train and develop operators towards multiskilling to avoid any line stoppage due to want of skill level
• Maximizing output by motivating the team
• Minimize downtime of equipment by implementing self-maintenance
• % savings on raw material and packing material
• Ensure Proper usage of RM & PM
• Minimize handling and washing loss
• Proper monitoring and accounting of material usage on daily basis
• % savings on rework levels
• % improvement in Cost/ yield ratio
• Implement shop floor kaizens
• Conduct floor meetings with shop floor employees to make them participate in improvement activities
• Report breakdown issues to Maintenance and follow up for timely resolution to ensure minimum loss of production.
• Insist the operators to follow self-maintenance wherever it is applicable
• Ensure proper cleaning and lubrication is carried out as per schedule
Housekeeping & Hygiene
• Adherence to GMP
• Implement 5 S in shopfloor
• Ensure proper housekeeping and Hygiene is maintained in shopfloor
• Train shop floor employees on GMP, 5S
• Implement 5 S in shopfloor
• Reduce Defects in FG (reduction of DPM)
• Ensure SOP is followed in all stages of process
• Ensure that all quality parameters are monitored and recorded properly in log book
• Maintain good harmony in the shop floor
• Sense out /resolve /escalate simmering issues that can trigger employee discontent
• Highlight and resolve unsafe conditions in the production floor
• Motivate people to give suggestions on work place safety improvements
1. Result Orientation
2. Leadership Skills
4. Analytical Skills
HND/ Degree in Food Technology or Mechanical/ Electrical/Chemical Engineering or Dairy Technology or Pharmacy
2 - 5 years of experience of handling production activities in shifts independently in confectionery /Food/Pharmaceutical Industries.
1. Excellent communication skills (including knowledge of vernacular language).
2. Hands-on experience of handling, operating and maintaining machinery for Food Processing industry
3. Computer knowledge. SAP knowledge is preferable
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward CVs to email@example.com