Hewlett Packard Company provides equal employment opportunity to any employee or applicant without regard to sex, gender, color, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, uniformed service status, familial status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Preparing periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries.
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions including tax and compliance reviews on go to market strategies.
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls.
- Continuous management of financial & inventory systems and accounts SOPs.
- Manage Internal & External Audit Process
- Accounting system improvements and internal control design
- Producing reports and recommendations following internal audits
- Preparing financial statements in terms of IFRS, including monthly and annual accounts.
- Liaising with tax regulator and fiduciaries on complex tax matters.
- Preparing profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports.
- Explaining billing invoices and accounting policies to staff, vendors and clients.
- Resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Review, monitor and highlight variances on account reconciliations. Investigating exceptions and facilitating corrective action.
- Prepare, analyze and submit monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts for balance sheet and taxes.
- Booking of journal entries in General Ledger during the month as well as for month-end closing for the final balance sheet and income statement
- Prepare the monthly and quarterly reporting, General Ledger reconciliations
- Participate in the continuing improvement of the VAT & WHT compliance of the company
- Prepare & review Balance Sheet holistically.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CFA, will be an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years of accounting and finance experience (experience in ICT industry is preferred) in a similar position
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate capacity to create & drive accounting & or financial processes & procedures.
- Understanding of ERP systems (Oracle / SAP)
- Clear, precise and professional in communication, both written and verbal.
- Good organizational skills, accuracy and a sense of priorities
- Ability to plan and prioritize and to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Establish and work to defined processes and procedures, while remaining flexible enough to accommodate regular changes
- Strong team skills
- Ability to handle sensitivity/ confidentiality levels appropriately
- Ability to think globally and deal with intercultural challenges.
- Proven experience in month-end closing process & financial reporting and in preparation of annual accounts
- Knowledge of current laws, country compliance and practices, exchange control regulations and an in depth understanding of tax laws including: CIT, VAT,WHT and PAYE.
- Awareness and ability to demonstrate the importance of ethics & appropriate codes of conduct in the workplace.
- A considerable knowledge of purchasing, importation, vendor and inventory management.
- Excellent business application skills (Excel and overall MS Office applications)
- Fluency in English
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.