- Develop and Lead Account Strategies and sales plans
- Identify key decision makers in assigned accounts, develop and maintain strong and effective strategic relationships with them
- Gain and build knowledge of target accounts, their business and potential needs
- Represent Alcatel-Lucent and the various offerings Alcatel-Lucent brings to market (solutions, devices and services) to account. manly in VAS, APPD, IMS/NGN, NSI NMS and special projects
- Confidently articulate the Alcatel-Lucent vision, systems and application strategies to accounts at all appropriate levels of decision-making.
- Work with technology specialists to develop account specific proposals and solutions
- Negotiate contracts with assigned accounts
- Gain and build an in depth knowledge of Alcatel-Lucent’s strategic systems, applications and corporate directions.
- Maintain and increase Alcatel-Lucent product knowledge (self study, regular trainings, seminars, etc)
- Maintain and monitor competition and market trends
- Maintain close contacts with Alcatel-Lucent product managers and marketing dept. to support marketing plans
- Obtain and analyze marketing efforts of competitors at assigned accounts and use this information to maximize revenue as well as customer satisfaction
- To perform & manage all administrative sales tasks starting at opportunity identification until contract signature (Orion, Go/NoGo, RAC, FEG, OLA/OXIA, Derogation, Order Booking…)
- To ensure global customer satisfaction and good account performance
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 10 years selling experience, dealing with accounts, preferably Telcos at a strategic level
- Track record of successful sales in the region
- Experience in managing a team of commercially driven Sales or Pre-Sales people
- Experience in the market is a plus.
- University or College degree, or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of Telco technology solutions and selling strategy as well as the ability to articulate these strategies with confidence to key corporate decision makers.
- Knowledge of the Operators sales cycle, as well the Operators challenges and how to identify solutions to meet those challenges.
- Knowledge of Operators required solutions is a plus.
· Action Orientated: Pursues work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation.
· Integrity & Trustworthiness: Behaves according to high ethical business principles and values.
· Self Confidence: Feels successful in past undertakings and expects to succeed in future activities.
· Drive for Results: Continually focuses on achieving positive, concrete results contributing to Alcatel-Lucent’s business success.
· Planning, Organizing & Co-coordinating: Efficiently develops and implements plans to accomplish goals.
· Customer Focus: Investigates and takes action to meet customers’ current and future needs.
· Representing Alcatel-Lucent : Projects a positive and professional image of Alcatel-Lucent in all contacts.
· Communication Skills: Writes, speaks, and presents information effectively and persuasively across communication settings.
· Cross Group Collaboration: Demonstrates ability to work across groups by setting mutual goals, ensuring clarity of roles, and working together in ways which enhance business effectiveness.
· Interpersonal Skills: Develops and maintains good working relationships with others.
· Negotiation & Conflict Management: Negotiates or mediates sound agreements in business or organizational situations where there is disagreement or differences in interests.
· Organisational Agility: Understands how to get things done and achieve objectives working with others in an organizational context.
· Strategic Leadership: Creates a shared purpose, vision, or direction for his/her group or organization, and inspires others to work toward it.
· Strategic Thinking: Understands the business, and anticipates and develops business priorities for future action.