Job in a a Leading Women's Lifestyle Magazine Firm via Index Consulting
Posted on: 16 April, 2015
Deadline: 28 April, 2015
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View All Jobs at Index Consulting
Index Consulting - Our client a Leading Women's Lifestyle Magazine is actively interviewing for a position in Advertising Sales, Marketing & PR to sell print and digital advertising space and help oversee the marketing / PR strategy for the publication and its integrated sales opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Candidates should have experience in the fashion & beauty sectors. Responsibilities will include Strategic planning for ad sales for both digital and print platforms of the publication, developing strategic advertising sales initiatives, using negotiating skills to meet client and publication goals for ad sales objectives, manage integrated marketing initiatives that include a crossover of print sales and events and / or digital packages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prospecting and identifying opportunities, as well as building new business relationships and generating revenue for Print and Digital advertising
- Focusing on growing existing accounts and acquiring new clients through outbound sales, conducting meetings and sales presentations
- Develop new and incremental business by seeking out new clients, determining their needs, and proposing appropriate programs / options to them
- Determine the most effective sales options and pricing by using the client's business model, budgets, success metrics and decision-making process
- Evaluate competitive landscape to continually enhance product offerings and provide input on product solutions
- Follow up with current sales opportunities to develop sales plan and achieve revenue goals
- Candidate must utilize a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, clients and the competition to execute strategies
- Must have established relationships with agencies and clients
- Experience with print and digital advertising products and placement including an understanding of media sales and pricing for print and digital publishing
- Prior digital / print advertising sales experience with a proven successful track record
- Exceptional business acumen, judgment and negotiation skills with the ability to make timely decisions while weighing the risk / reward and impact on the business
- Must possess the communication and interpersonal skills to interact on a face to face basis, build relationships and present information in a clear, compelling manner incorporating relevant facts and concepts
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Must have knowledge of the fashion, beauty and entertainment industries.
- Familiarity with experiential marketing strategies - i.e. magazine sales integrated with branded events, cocktails, pop ups
- Ability to manage the execution of event production in relation to integrated sales.
- Ability to manage budgets related to events and promotional / merchandising programs in key markets
- Familiarity with innovative integrated marketing strategies (digital extensions, strategic sales and partnership capabilities, etc.) coupled with existing brand relationships and the ability to prospect relevant new brands.
- Magazine editorial and/or production experience preferred.
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
- Applicants should have background in ad sales / advertising / communications in the fashion and luxury sectors, an understanding of integrated advertising sales and event production.
- Minimum 2-5 years background in ad sales for another publication or publishing house.
- Please send your resume detailing your previous experience with both digital and print advertising demonstrating your track record of achievement with value oriented sales and understanding of media sales.
- Please note any production or editorial experience.
- Candidate should be based in Lagos and available to work on site at the magazine headquarters.
- Retainer + Commission - to be negotiated depending on experience.
- Off site & International Ad Sales Representatives candidates - retainer and/or commission to be negotiated.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Position as the e-mail title.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Index ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Web Master at Nigerian Top Secret
- Graduate Social Media Intern at Iconway Media
- Writers at 24hours Reporter
- Sports Presenters at Winning Blue Communications
- Digital Technical Producer - Igbo at the BBC World Service
- Sales Manager, West Africa (Satellite & Broadcasting) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Female Content Associate at Madivas Mag
- Latest Job Openings at STARTUPROOM