Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars - Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management.
Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007. The Standard Bank Group merged its Nigerian operations, Stanbic Bank Nigeria with that of IBTC Chartered Bank PLC. Stanbic IBTC Bank is a major financial service provider engaged in personal banking, business banking, credit cards, corporate banking, non-interest banking and wealth and investment banking in Nigeria.
• To ensure the overall integrity and accuracy of the General Ledger as a basis for the preparation of financial and management reports.
• Custodian of the General Ledger and Chart of Accounts.
• Preparation of financial reports
• Being the custodian of the General Ledger, Chart of Accounts, and the repository for all financial information for the Bank.
• Monitoring all Balance sheet and Income Statement account movements and ensuring that they reflect the correct balances and all relevant account reconciliations are performed and corrective actions taken timeously.
• Reviewing of monthly general ledger reconciliations to ensure that outstanding items are timeously cleared, resultant entries processed and the amounts reflected in the general ledger appropriately supported.
• Review of suspense accounts to ensure that these are cleared daily
• Perform detailed review and analysis of the country numbers to confirm the integrity and resilience of reported results.
• Posting of journals on the system.
• Preparation of requisite schedules for the annual audit
• Ensure maintenance of and adherence to Group and Stanbic IBTC Bank accounting policies and procedures.
• Playing a leading role in coaching and developing his/her team
• Act as the secretariat for Internal Financial Control forum
Key performance measures
• Implement effective balance sheet substantiation process to ensure GL integrity and accuracy with minimal write off
• Ensure timeous and accurate financial reporting
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.