If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client, a leading Insurance company with its head office in Lagos and branches in Port Harcourt and Abuja, seeks an experienced professional to provide strategic leadership and direction for its Audit, Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management Group.
To provide leadership and strategic direction to the Group; initiate and drive a systemic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes; and also ensure compliance with all statutory regulations/internal policies.
- Coordinate periodic Board Audit and Compliance Committee Meetings and ensure that the Audit Committee and Board are fully informed on a timely basis of the activities of Internal Audit Present Risk Based Audit Plan to the Board/ Audit and Compliance Committee
- Coordinate and execute the approved audit plan across the Company
- Determine and report th~ level of compliance with established laws, rules, policies and procedures to management
- Evaluate existing processes and controls for weaknesses and make recommendations where necessary
- Coordinate and investigate cases of misappropriation, misconduct, fraud
Qualification and Experience
- Candidate must possess a bachelors' degree in Accounting or any other related discipline
- Membership of one or more relevant professional bodies (i.e. ICAN, ACCA, CISA, CRISC) is required
- Minimum of 10 years post NYSC work experience, with at least 3 years in a managerial position
- Relevant experience in an insurance company or within the financial services industry may also be an added advantage
- Age: Maximum of 45 years
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in strategic thinking, an analytical and proactive mindset
- Proficiency in project management, leadership and team building
- Core experience in Enterprise Risk Management
- Good command of English, excellent writing ability and excellent presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication skills and ability to work with others
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements above, please forward your cover letter and resume electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference code at the top left-hand comer. In addition, the subject of your email should be the reference code and job title.
Application shall close on April 24, 2015