Our client, a leading financial services company, with a well-deserved reputation for consistent and reliable service delivery in Nigeria is looking to fill the role of Managing Director/Chief Executive for one of her subsidiaries - a CBN licensed Finance House.
The Managing Director/Chief Executive will be responsible for the performance of the company, as dictated by the board's overall strategy. He or she reports to the chairman or board of directors.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner;
- Develop strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board;
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long.range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action;
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and senior executives in performing their responsibilities;
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation;
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges;
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline;
- Improve the budgeting process on a continual basis through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets;
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments;
- Formulate and successfully implement company policy;
- Direct strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company;
- Put in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems;
- Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees;
- Closely monitor the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Take remedial action where necessary and inform the board of significant changes;
- Maintain the operational performance of the company;
- Assume full accountability to the board for all company operations;
- Represent the company to major customers and professional associations;
- Build and maintain an effective executive team.
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in any discipline (additional qualification in any business related discipline may be an advantage);
- Minimum of 8 years post-qualification experience out of which, at least, 5 must have been in the financial services industry and at least, 3 at the senior management level;
- Strong business development skills with a proven track record of converting prospects to paying clients;
- Strong management and leadership experience;
- Sound experience in credit analysis and risk management;
- Sound experience in equipment/operatingleasing, project finance, SME funding transactions;
- Very strong IT skills is required;
- Some understanding/experience in board dynamics will be an added advantage;
Method of Application
Qualified and interested persons should forward their CVs along with a cover letter stating how their skills, knowledge and experience make them suitable to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The subject of the email should be the job position applied for. All applications must be received no later than two weeks from the date of publication, late appHcatrons will not be considered and only shortllsted candidates will be contacted.