Construction Supervisor at WTS Energy
Posted on: 14 April, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a wide range of vacancies in oil, gas and energy. WTS Energy places suitable engineers and consultants in any phase of Oil and Gas projects and in all skills relating to: Geoscience, Drilling Management and Well Services, Facilities, (FEED) Engineering, Construc-tion, Pipeline, Subsea, Commissioning and Start Up and Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
About the job
- Prepares monitors and expedites structural fabrication, assembly and completion activities carried out by Contractor or subcontractors related to his discipline until sail away for pressure vessels and FPSO integration in Nigeria.
- Assists the structural superintendent his duties covering all construction phases, including construction methods, yards prefabrications, construction, structural assembly and completion as related to his discipline. He attends meetings as required by his hierarchy. He implements his hierarchy instructions and organizes his inspection team accordingly.
- Ensure that all construction activities related to his discipline are performed safely and efficiently in line with company objectives.
- Review procedures and site queries in due time related to structural at site.
- Monitor structural preparations for installation of equipment and/or structural assembly part including removal and re-instatement of deck/module.
- Ensure contractor to follow and comply with requirement of Company specification GS STR.
- Reviews structural material certificates arrived at workshop together with QA/QC superintendent.
- Monitor QC activities within his discipline.
- Establish a smooth and efficient working relationship with CONTRACTOR.
- To maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible, proactive but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- To ensure that safety remains the main priority on the construction site at all times.
- Attend the toolbox meetings.
- He participates in the preparation of As Built documentation.
- Promote the implementation of Project HSEQ management system and rules in all construction activities.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To participate to local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behaviour without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To carefully assess hazards and risks when changes occur.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- Professional experience (number of years): 8 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas production projects
- Familiar with TOTAL construction and QC procedures is a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Language: English fluent
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about WTS EnergySimilar Jobs
- Business Development Executive at a Leading Technological Company - Petros Management Consulting
- Drilling Job at Mosra Enerji Limited
- Document Controllers at Jagal Group
- Business Development Role at a Leading Servicing Company - Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Engineering Job Vacancy at Hobark International Limited
- Fresh Job Vacancy at JAGAL Group
- Engineering Jobs at Onstream Group
- Graduate Jobs at an Oil And Gas Firm - Integrated Corporate Services Ltd