Established in 2008 with a clear vision “to be the preferred HR Business Partner”, our team has expertise in relevant areas which drives our approach to offer our clients value in developing their human resources and change management initiatives.
At RS Hunter, we believe our clients have the resources, what we do is to galvanise, advice, and partner with our clients to understand the peculiarities of their businesses and then offer the best HR solutions and strategies that work.Our objective is to focus on creating an overall people driven value through training,
A financial manager is responsible for providing Financial Projections, budgeting & cost reduction analysis for the company, to ensure prudence, discipline, and manage funds in such a manner as to maximize return on investment, minimize risk, while ensuring adequate control structure is in place overall financial decisions of the company.
Directly Reports to: MD/CEO
Department: Finance and Accounts
Location: Lagos /Abuja
Key Strategic Management Activities
- Maintain a documented system of accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the Finance & Account department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Forecast cash flow projections & positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment for the company
- Customers’ Orders/Contract award letters – Receive from Account managers and ascertain/provide financial requirement to successful execution of the order/contract (eg Bank reference, Bank guarantee, Performance bond, Payment milestones, etc
- Prepare Purchase/Receive Inventory on receiving items from suppliers
- Obtain CEO’s approval for all expenses
- Review suppliers invoices and schedule for payment after approval
- Review I.O.U retirements and request for additional payments and recommend approval or otherwise
- Payroll: Review payrolls, make adjustments and advice banks on salaries payment
- Liaise with External Auditors and Consultants to ensure that all statutory obligations are met
- Reports: Weekly reports on turnover/LPOs received; collections; payments; receivables & Vendors
- Reports: Monthly Profit & Loss accounts and Variance analysis
- Reports: Quarterly Cash flow Statements and Balance Sheet
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company’s borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions
- Maintain banking relationships
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure
- Arrange for equity and debt financing
- Invest funds
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management
The finance manager candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- ICAN & IFRS compulsory, CITN
Preference will be given to candidates who understands accounting rudiments and be able to demonstrate applying them. Excellent communication skills are essential, particularly in regard to presenting the results of analyses to management. Should have an outstanding knowledge of electronic spreadsheets.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment. Will be expected to travel as needed to company subsidiaries.
go to method of application »
Sales assistants typically work for retail companies and are responsible for liaising with customers in order to ensure a transaction goes smoothly.
A sales assistant is expected to help customers choose between the company’s array of goods and services, process payments and maintain a high level of customer service.
- serving and advising customers – advise customers on the location, selection, price, delivery, use and care of goods available from the store, with the aim of encouraging them to buy and to return to buy in the future
- taking payment
- helping customers to find the goods they want
- advising on stock amounts
- giving information on products and prices
- participate in stocktaking (counting and describing the goods in stock)
- price, stack and display items for sale and keep the store tidy and attractive
- arranging window displays
- promoting special offers or store cards
- package goods for customers and arrange delivery
- ordering goods
- take special orders for items not currently in stock, or not normally stocked, and notify customers when the items have arrived
- Handling complaints or passing them on to the line manager.
Education and Skills:
Candidate must have 1-2 years experience in related field, either in BSc. Biochemistry, Microbiology, or Chemistry.
- Enjoy working with people
- A Friendly , polite helpful and courteous manner
- Neat personal appearance
- Good communication skills
- Able to deal accurately with money
- Motivation and drive
- Good problem-solving skills
- confident and tactful
- reliable and responsible
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Basic mathematical skills is required.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.