We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
DIRECT TO: HEAD – POLICIES & PROCESSES
Business Operational Risk Management (BORM) – Wealth Management
Assist P & P head on implementation of controls within the Business Unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements and operational Risk Mgt within the Branches.
Unit Operational Risk Management
1. Assist Business Unit Head and P & P Head in coordinating, driving and directing effective compliance and operational risk management at the Business Unit level.
2. Implement controls within the Business Unit to meet all regulatory and internal requirements.
3. Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues
Unit Operational Risk Management
1. To be the source of reference within the Business Unit in facilitating and promoting the understanding of OR and compliance requirements.
2. Lead and support implementation of OR initiatives for the Business Unit.
3. Proactively communicate with the Business Unit Head and P & P HEAD on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to Business Unit Head /P & P HEAD/Business Head as appropriate.
4. Coordinate and consolidate operational risk and loss reporting of the unit for the reporting to the RCORF, P & P HEAD and Business Unit Head. Ensure data accuracy and completeness
5. Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure effectiveness of controls for compliance monitoring and risk management.
6. Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self-assessment) activities within the Business Unit and escalate findings and or breaches to Business Unit Head and P & P HEAD, when they occur.
7. Ensure you remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assist in the Bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: ‘identifying your customer, reporting suspicious, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicious to customers.
8. Ensure risks and issues identified are resolved in an appropriate and timely manner.
9. Assist P & P HEAD in the implementation of OR framework or other relevant OR initiatives.
10. Act as the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer (UMLPO), or cooperate with the UMLPO to ensure appropriate internal controls and procedures for money laundering prevention is in place and functioning as intended. Where appropriate, assist in the investigation of financial crime risks.
11. Identify gaps and arrange training on compliance and OR for staff.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• University Graduate with at least 2 years work experience in banking
• Well-founded understanding of commercial banking operations and branch development and facilities management.
• Experienced in process flow design, report writing and documentation.
• Proficient in use of MS Office MS Project application tools
• Understanding of linkages driving EP and value added measurement.
• Well developed strategic perspective and forward planning ability
• Analytical and problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent leadership and team building qualities.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.