Current Job Opportunity at MindAfrica Leadership Initiative
Posted on: 9 April, 2015
Deadline: 17 April, 2015
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at MindAfrica Leadership Initiative
MindAfrica Leadership Initiative is a not-for-profit organization that seeks to develop the creative and innovative potential of African youths that redefines the way they learn and increases their opportunities for success.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- MindAfrica Leadership Initiative is seeking to employ a full-time Program Coordinator who will support the development, coordination, and implementation of Afterschool programs in all enrolled schools.
- The Program Coordinator will have oversight functions over all afterschool activities and support the Program Team in achieving expected program outcomes.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design, develop and manage afterschool programs, encompassing proposal writing, technical support, advocacy and resource management.
- Monitor various school sites, encompassing collection and analysis of information to support program success and growth.
- Plan and implement program policies, procedures and monitor processes.
- Develop target criteria and instruments to ensure that outlined indicators and objectives are met.
- Manage stakeholder engagement on all levels and uphold communication with parents, students, school administration, volunteers, partner organizations, and relevant agencies
- Oversee the safe and efficient implementation of workshops, enrichment activities and out-of-school events.
- Evaluate program staff training needs and organize and/or provide training as required
- A minimum of University degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences or related fields
- Experience in planning, implementing and assessing educational or enrichment programs for school-age children
- Experience in program planning and design, especially involving STEM education, investigations, experiments or challenges that support 21st century life skills like creative problem-solving and team work
- Experience in developing medium-to-large scale proposals and securing funding from donors
- Ability to manage budgets and an understanding of financial accountability procedures
- Ability to supervise and work in a team environment
- Must have knowledge of computers and software applications
- Must have good communication skills (verbal and oral)
- Ability to work independently and work under strict deadlines
- Ability to work with varied populations, such as administrators, parents, and students
- Willingness to travel to rural locations and work in basic conditions
- Experience in similar position will be an advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send resume and cover letter (stating your current job position) to: email@example.com Clearly state the position title for which you are applying and your full names in the subject area of the email (e.g. Program Coordinator Okon Adewale)
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MindAfrica Leadership InitiativeSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Mercy Corps
- Latest Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Admin Assistants at the African Centre for Innovation and Leadership Development (ACILD)
- Chief of Health at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
- Job Vacancy at Save the Children
- Grants Managers at Chemonics International
- LGEA Access Coordinators at Creative Associates International