Diageo is the name behind many of the World's best loved drinks including Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Malta Guinness, J&B, Gordons Gin and Tanqueray.
Africa Regional Markets (ARM) is a Diageo business made up of over 40 markets across the breadth of Africa. The business models range from fully integrated demand and supply businesses in Ghana and Cameroun, newly integrated businesses in Ethiopia and Mozambique to Partnerships in a number of West, Central and Southern African countries and Angola.
The Head of Media is tasked with optimising media and marketing communications across all brands and channels to contribute to meeting key marketing and business objectives. The successful candidate will play a leading role in driving global “best practice” in media planning and integrated marketing execution, and be a key contributor to brand activities in the marketplace through cutting-edge integrated marketing communications (IMC), ideas and deployment.
Purpose of Role
- Support the Marketing Team in providing media leadership based on consumer media lifestyle insight, media insights and brands’ strategic direction. Provide information and that that will aid the delivery of strategic media management decisions that will translate into market leadership for respective brands
- Develop, evolve and improve media/marketing communication processes and procedures for efficient and effective communication plan development across the portfolio
- Manage the Media/Digital and other communication Agencies to provide best in class strategic thinking and thought leadership that will drive business results
- Support & direct brand teams as they develop media briefs and allocate resources across channels
- Set strategic direction for media campaigns. Strong strategic & thought leadership
- Develop new capabilities within the media team on the Agency side and particularly in new/digital media
- Provide guidance & support to global media community on periodic data requests in the following areas-Communication evaluation, post campaign evaluation, competitive reporting etc
- Initiate & lead media projects resulting in cost efficiencies & effectiveness to achieve set Media Productivity targets across portfolio
- Work with Brand teams and Franchise teams to execute media strategies from planning-buying-monitoring
- Develop, review and ensure that Media Processes are in line with global best practice
- Identify and deploy unconventional media opportunities and big bets that rapidly grow brand equity
- Develop value based relationships within the media opportunities and big bets that rapidly grow brand equity
- Develop value based relationships within the media industry- Media Houses, Monitoring Agency and Government regulatory bodies (LAASA) etc
- Media/Digital Agency management – Goal/Objective setting and periodic Agency evaluation.
- Identify/explore/develop winning media contents and property to Guinness Nigeria (GN) and Diageo Brands Nigeria (DBN) brands
- Set strategic direction for brands
- Evaluation of sponsorship opportunities & ideas for amplification
- Optimization & leveraging of existing sponsorship platforms
- Sponsorship audit & evaluation
- Responsible for ensuring campaign monitoring & tracking by independent monitoring agency
- Manage Media budget with Media Agency to ensure that campaigns run within agreed budget/scope
- Ensure prompt payment by Agency to 3rd party ensuring that GN remains reputable in paying for services as a favored media partner
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelors or equivalent
- 10 years experience in a strategic marketing function like media, advertising or brand management
- Understanding of media trends and insights driving change in media consumption habits/behaviors
- Forecasting: knowledge and ability to apply information and procedures used to forecast consumer behaviors
- Lead strategic direction in delivering brand experience
- Drive Media Cost efficiencies across brands/markets
- Numeracy and good understanding of statistics/Data
- Understanding Media Management/Development Processes
- Digital & New Media knowledge
- Consumer Knowledge
- Project Management
- Pursue innovation
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.