MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
1. Define the optimal network topology for the Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband platforms (e.g. SGSN, GGSN, MME, SGw, PGw, W@P Gw, Radius Servers, DNS Servers, Data Optimization Nodes etc.) for the deployment of Data/Multimedia solutions and services to give MTNN competitive advantage.
2. Execute prompt provisioning of network capacity for all the Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband network elements, features and protocols.
3. Design and ensure the dimensioning of Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband Network as well as new products and services to support marketing product.
4. Plan, design and seek management’s approval for the implementation of future Data and Multimedia Solutions.
5. Support the planning and designing of network architecture to optimally serve the growth of Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband Network in terms of traffic, subscribers and value added service capacity.
6. Carry out feasibility studies for new products and produce a technical report to assist management make business decisions.
7. Conduct analysis of network model outputs and traffic patterns to evaluate model and proffer solution if necessary within the Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband environment.
8. Design and plan the evolution of Data/Multimedia Solutions, such as Mobile Data, WAP, GPRS, Gy, Gx, Wifi, Wimax and other Third Party applications and services.
9. Produce Functional and Technical Specification documents for new products and services.
10. Participate in cross functional meetings with key stakeholders involved in the development and deployment of new Value Added Services in order to define best solutions for new products and services.
11. Meet with vendors on new market releases and technology upgrade patch to ensure quick deployment of new and innovative products/services.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
Minimum of 4 years working experience in cellular industry comprising of:
• Experience with GSM, EDGE,WCDMA, HSDPA, HSPA, LTENetworks, Offload Technologies etc
• Technical experience in planning, design and working with GGSN, SGSN, W@P Gw, PCRF, Evolved Packet CoreMMSC and other DATA platforms
• Experience in products and services development and a good understanding of Mobile data services & roadmaps
• Knowledge of signaling systems C7, MAP, SMPP, WAP, XML, HTTP, Diameter, GTP, etc.
• Experience with Statistics models and trending using Analytic/Modeling tools
• Basic knowledge of the Online & Offline Charging Networks and Packet Core Network Platforms
• Packet Core/Mobile Broadband nodes dimensioning
• GSM System Overview
• GPRS network Overview
• UMTS/WCDMA Network Overview
• LTE/EPC Network Overview
• Mobile intelligent network (MIN) overview
• Charging systems overview
• GSM statistics handling
• Signaling and communication network
• Network monitoring application training
• Project management
• MS office applications
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.