We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
The Head of Client Service reports to the Country Head of CIC and is responsible for driving the implementation of strategic initiatives, leading the client coverage teams to ensure efficient post origination activities and implementing change management strategies to embed the business's operating model. The role wonder will have primary responsibility for all non-origination and non credit activities of CIC Nigeria.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify and lead strategic and tactical initiatives to continuously improve CIC Nigeria's operational activities with a focus on cost efficiency and productivity
- Work in close partnership with various stakeholders to implement improvement initiatives.
- Lead the Client Coverage teams to ensure efficiency in post origination work and ensure that best practices are captured and shared across teams
- Work with product partners to lead initiatives to enhance limit utilization and CASA balances
- Play a key role as a member of the CIC top team and engage effectively with other segment heafs for smooth workflow across segments.
- Overall responsibility for managing the operational risk of the country CIC and represent the business in BORC meetings
- Spear head regular portfolio reviews in line with relevant business units.
- Ensure a robust and efficient MIS/CDD management structure and processes are in place
- Oversee levelling of Client Coverage team across segments and geographies and ensure parity, work load balancing etc
- Drive career development for the Client Coverage team
- Implement change management strategy as required to ensure that the standard operating models is embedded as BAU (e.g. via regular communications and trainings).
- Develop a people culture which encourages and champions change amongst employees in the daily work space.
- Responsible for tracking and ensuring the achievement of group wide and country wide initiatives.
- Smooth and efficient workflow across segments and geographies where best practices are captured, implemented and shared.
- Overall growth in client limit utilization and CASA balances
- Optimal booking of assets across booking locations
- Proactive approach in operational risk and compliance management
- Success in proactively identifying and implementing strategic and tactical initiatives
- Successful internal/external audit exercises
- Effective CDD and middle office management process with minimal breaches
- Effective MIS and data management processes
Qualifications & Skills
- At least 15 years relevant experience with at least 5 years at senior management level in an international bank or large financial services group;
- University degree, preferably in business / finance discipline;
- A blend of strong strategic sense plus demonstrated ability to translate methods, plans into quality execution;
- Superb leadership flair and statue in providing advice and guidance to countries;
- Superb multicultural capability as the job requires advice/ training/ influencing of people from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Demonstrated track record in working with different functional groups to drive towards a common goal.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.