The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
A Project Assistant (PA) supports one or more Technical Specialists and/or the Project Director in carrying out technical project work. In addition may support:
National Program Manager's Office:
• Will develop and operationalize an effective and efficient management system to ensure proper functioning of the NPM's office.
• Play a pivotal role of effectively coordinating all Programmatic and Administrative activities within the NPM office including but not limited to : Activity scheduling with Client (DFID), Partner (FMOH) and other development partners, and PATHS2 key technical, program and operational teams; managing of communication flow in and out of the NPM's office;
• Will ensure that the NPM is up to date with the major breaking program and administrative issues
• Works closely with the NPM to produce Technical briefs
• Attends strategic meetings, ensure effective coverage and prompt reporting and dissemination of outcomes to relevant persons/institutions/departments.
• Research technical issues and help develop power point presentation slides and draft speeches where appropiate
Senior Management Team (SMT):
• Ensure effective coordination and scheduling of SMT meetings
• Ensures the regular meetings of the SMT holds and is documented regularly and decisions communicated promptly to appropriate staff/institutions/departments.
• Provide technical oversight and mentoring to the Program Assistants working with SMT and the Technical team
• Develop effective coordinating mechanism for SMTs
• Ensures smooth, prompt and adequate information flow between the SMT members
• Ensure effective coordination of activities between the NPM and DNPM
• Ensures effective communication with the client (DFID); primary partners (FMOH and the 4 SMOHs); key partners, the technical team members, Admin and Finance; Donors/development partners and Abt headquarters
• Manage and maintain executives' schedules
• Participates in Change management committee as well as Think Tank group.
• Prepare meeting notes, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
• Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
• Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
• Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
• File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
• Maintain database of technical presentations, briefs, reports and media briefs.
Change Management/Managing Meetings:
• Will work closely with DNPM provide leadership in Change management
• Develop a change management model for PATHS2
• Work closely with the Training/Capacity Building officer to facilitate PATHS2 in-house meetings
• Work with KM team to develop project updates and program briefs
Qualification requirements include the following:
• A minimum of Masters Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Business or other relevant field.
• 2 years of experience assisting senior executives and managing their offices
• Project support/back-stopping, health and international experience are strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience and interest in health sector and policy issues and international development.
• Strong organizational Skills
• Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
• Team player with the ability to multi-task.
• Proficiency in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, click here