Best Search Recruitment is a partnership based company of highly experienced international recruiters with over 20 years industry experience.
Our services are wider than most of our competitors and we hope this web site will show you more about our innovation and creativity whether you are seeking a new role, or an HR professional or hiring line manager wanting to find out more about us.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Labour and Industrial relations supervisor will be responsible and accountable for providing timely and accurate advice and guidance as it relates to the interpretation of related company policy, Nigerian labour law, Union Agreements and Provides strategic direction for the Labour and Union activities.
- Participates in the management-union negotiations, meetings, and any other industrial/employee related events and working closely with the Head, Human Resource and Chief Operating Officer in proffering guidance and solutions on matters discussed.
- Facilitates meetings between management and Executives of Unions and employee/industrial affiliate bodies.
- Recommends solutions and advises management on significant employee relations and disciplinary matters.
- Communicates significant changes in policies and processes to all departments.
- Supports the implementation of Management’s key/pivotal employee and industrial related decisions and policies.
- Manages relationship with external trade union(s), NIMASA as well as the Ministry of Labour on all employee related matter.
- Manages relationships with representatives from other Terminals within the industry, employers association in order to keep abreast of all maritime industrial relation matters.
- Oversees the registration and de-registration of Dock Workers with NIMASA and performs same with the existing Maritime Union.
- Facilitates the In-house Union meetings with the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Facilitates the organisational Internal stakeholders forum involving the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Manages Industrial pressing issues as well as other floor issues with the workers/union representatives and provides timely feedback to the Head, Human Resources and the Chief Operating Officer.
- Prevents employee work stoppage/strike actions.
- Manages all sensitive industrial relations correspondence from internal and external parties on all Industrial relations matters.
- Proactively Liaise with other departments and units within the organization to ensure that Labour issues are resolved quickly.
- Ensures adherence and compliance to government regulations as it’s relates to Labour union matters.
- Undertakes and manages approved management’s industrial/employee projects.
- Provides guidance on all BC engagement feedback meetings as well as follow ups on action planning
- Prepares and analyses reports that are necessary to carry out the function of the department and company.
- Oversees the development and administration of programs, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Requires a university degree in any discipline.
- Requires at least two years of being responsible for Labour relations within an organization.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft word, excel and power point.
- Must be familiar with Best practices in the professional field of Human Resources, Labour law and people management.
- Requires ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Dispute resolution and problem solving.
- Negotiation skills.
- Labour Laws.
- Fundamentals of Human Resources.
- Interpersonal Relationship.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates can send their CV's to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.