If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
Job purpose and key deliverables
The 2 in 1 Challenge
As a key member of the Corporate and Regulatory Affairs (CORA) team, the Internal Communications & Sustainability Manager will manage the company’s internal communications programme, provide strategic communication support to the business and assist employees and managers understand their role in making business goals a reality. He will also be responsible for addressing key business-related social, environmental and economic impacts in a way that builds value for our stakeholders as well as our shareholders, which will in turn improve our commercial sustainability
This role reports to the Area Head of Corporate Affairs and is a self-managed role with no direct reports.
Coverage: West Africa Area (Anglophone and Francophone)
- Set strategy to manage employee communications that ensure employees understand and support company strategies, principles and initiatives, and the impact on the employee’s day-to-day activities.
- Develops, manages and produces effective communications tools & platforms, such as company magazines, corporate literature and internal campaigns, that ensure staff are aware of and supporting business initiatives, and success
- Develops and manages the development of annual communications cycle plans that incorporates functional and company requirements and supports the company plan and focus.
- Strengthening the recommended approach to Sustainability Agenda
- Drive high standards and best practice on Sustainability management approach
- Provide technical advice and support on Sustainability issues
- Monitor emerging global sustainability issues;
- Graduate calibre, ideally with professional or higher qualification in PR, Internal Communication or Corporate Communication
- Experience in developing and implementing Sustainability programmes in a corporate environment
- Expert in project management and good understanding of the tobacco regulatory environment
- 5 years+ broad internal communications experience, ideally in a blue chip company
- Understanding of the wider communications disciplines; experience of change management
- Understanding of research tools and methodologies; can conduct small scale qual. and quant. Research
- The job-holder should demonstrate an aptitude for policy-making and stakeholder engagement processes.
- He should have comprehensive understanding of Sustainability issues within corporate organisations, comprehensive understanding of stakeholder management and reporting process and best practice standards and mechanisms.
- Ability to identify sustainability issues cross functionally and drive a sustainable agenda to address issues identified
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.