Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Business Unit Aggregates and Concrete (A&C)
Job Type Permanent
Location - Country Nigeria
Location - Town / City Lagos
• Review and evaluate internal control systems for adequacy and effectiveness
• Oversee audit and control functions
• Develop strong working relationships with business partners
• Develop and implement Audit plans to strengthen operations
• Ensure compliance with the Group Internal Control Standard
• Periodic reports of deliverables on the Internal Control Systems to the management through Head Internal Control and Audit
• Ensure implementation of agreed audit recommendations
• Coordinate and ensure implementation of management risk assessment
• Carry out investigations as initiated by Head of Internal Control and Audit
• Assist Head Internal Control and Audit in designing a strong audit program that would ensure an effective and efficient internal control system both in the business
• Carry out audits as defined in the audit program
• Follow up on the implementation of External Auditor’s recommendations both in the Plants and Head Office.
• Regular and periodic reports to management through Head of Internal Control and Audit on internal controls and audit assignments as well as cases of investigation.
• Participate in year-end stock and inventory assignments.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Quality of testing and review (assessed by Audit Manager)
• Process knowledge and value added contribution (assessed by BPO)
• Comprehensive and detailed Audit reports (assessed by Audit Manager and CFO)
• Effective implementation of Audit recommendations by BPO (Audit Ma
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Financial Accounting
• Strong analytic skills
• Management Accounting
• Financial Performance Analysis Tools and Techniques
• Accounting Principles/GAAP
• English Language
• Technical and Commercial Processes
• Operational Background – Plant
• Heavy industry (Cement, Paper, Steel, Glass)
• Engineering Bachleors Degree
• Companies Policies and Procedures
• Group Internal Control Standards
• Good Presentation Skills
• MS Productivity Package (Excel, word, PPT)
• Numerate and Good Reporting Skills
• Experience in use of ERP Systems especially JDEdwards.
• Developed Analytic Qualities
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.