If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Bible Society of Nigeria exists to meet the scriptural needs of every Nigerian in general, Christian Churches and Confessions in particular and to help people interact with the Word of God.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant position in the organisation:
The jobholder is responsible for coordinating the accounting functions of The Society and her subsidiary, ensuring that all banking transactions are adequately carried out in accordance with the banking regulations of the society's policies and providing prompt Management information as and when due
- Ensure total compliance with the society's financial policy guidelines
- Provide financial statement for prompt management decision making
- Implement the approved society's budget for goal congruence
- Day-to-day management of the financial and management accounting processes
- Provide qualitative leadership and render accurate and timely returns to appropriate statutory regulatory authorities in compliance with all applicable requirements
- Plan, organize and implement accounting operations that is in total compliance with IFRS provisions at all times and devoid of errors
- HND or 1st degree in Finance related courses and Master's Degree in Business Administration.
- Must be an associate member of ICAN and Chartered Institute of Taxation for at least 6 years with 7 years working experience out of which 5 should be at a managerial level. "
- The prospective candidate should not be more than 40years old.
- Highly versed in general management with leadership abilities, a team player who can lead young and dynamic group of employees without compromising standards
- Excellent analytical skills, good interpersonal relationship, an eye for details and sound decision making skills.
- He must have sound practical knowledge of SAGE 50 peach tree and computer/Microsoft office softwares.
go to method of application »
The purpose of the job is to provide secretarial and administrative supports to departmental/divisional head to allow for concentration on strategic issues.
- Typing Mailable documents
- Ensuring Effective Documentation
- Coordinating Departmental Activities
- ND in Secretarial Administration
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience in Secretarial and Administrative Functions
- Versatile in Microsoft Office Software Applications
- Communicatton, organizational and interpersonal skills
go to method of application »
The position reports to the Bookshop Officer and carry out job responsibilities assigned to him as and when due.
- Attending to Internal and external customers
- Good shelf display
- Sage posting of daily transactions
- Ensure good management of Inventory
- Ensure cleanliness of the bookshop daily selling to direct customers during book fairs/events
- Must be a School Certificate holder with at least five credit passes including English and Mathematics in not more than two sittings.
- Financial Integrity
- Computer literacy is a must with sound IT knowledge
- Good numerical skill and good attitudinal disposition.
- Communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must not be more than 30 years old.
Method of Application
Applicants must be practicing and committed Christians with good testimonies of turning point experiences and must be willing to learn. The remuneration for the position is pensionable. Interested persons who possess the above-stated qualifications should forward their typed application attaching curriculum vitae and photocopies of credentials to the General Secretary in writing or via e-mail within one week of this publication. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interview.
18, Wharf Road,
PO Box 68,