If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.We thank you for your interest in IITA and invite you to explore many exciting and diverse career opportunities in a work environment that enables you to be the best you can, advancing your professional and personal growth in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
Join a vibrant team that is committed to facilitating agricultural solutions for hunger, poverty, and natural resource degradation throughout the tropics. IITA is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is given to qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national/ethnic origin or social status.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Building on local platforms scope for project partners in Govemment. NGO and private sectors;
- Scope small and medium enterprise (SME) business opportunities with special emphasis on youth agribusiness development;
- Appraise the technical, market and financial feasibility of the agribusiness opportunities;
- Design partnership agreements towards the sustainable supply of high quality seeds, inoculants and legume-spe~:ific fertilizer with special emphasis on youth entrepreneur involvement;
- Design awareness campaigns for new, existing youth entrepreneurs or project promoted partner
- intemahip programs. calls for interest and a selection procedures for promising candidates;
- Support the youth to develop new (or upgraded) commercially viable business models and associated development strategies along the legume value chains.
- Identify youth Agri-preneurship training needs and design training programs based on them;
- Train the youth in business management, financial management and marketing. .
- Train youth in writing fundable business plans for private financial and public grant institutions;
- Assess and enhance the performance of the business models and develop upgrading strategies;
- Develop appropriate financial products targeting rural youth in consultation with collaborating financial institutions.
- Facilitate linkages and contracts between business model stakeholders including importers, distributors, operators, local promoters and farmers.
- Contribute to the development of promotional materials and marketing strategies by the private sector to support small scale youth businesses along the legume value chain.
- Diagnose Borno State institutional constraints in the development of youth targeted businesses and formulate policy options.
- Conduct group facilitation and organization
- MBA/MSc in Agribusiness, Agricultural Development. or a related field, from a well-recognized university
Experience and Skills
- 10 years' experience in agribusiness development or relevant area.
- Experience in the provision of business services (Business Development Services)
- Experience with public-private partnerships.
- Experience with agri-business development, technical, market and financial analysis
- Familiarity with the agricultural development and technology delivery issues in Nigeria.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work with different nationalities, as a member of a diverse work team.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.