Philips is a multinational company with activities in healthcare, lighting and consumer life style.Philips is a public company listed at the New York and Amsterdam stockexchange. Philips is active in more than 100 countries around the globe. It‘sheadquarters are in the Netherlands.
About Philips Africa:
Philips Africa comprises all 54countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to theIndian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa andit has presence in seven other African countries, in the cities of Accra,Algiers, Casablanca, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi and Tunis. Philips Africa isdefinitely one of the growth drivers for Philips.
Aim of the job:
He / she is driving customer satisfaction by proper understanding ofmarket evolution and providing the wining sales propositions, based on localneeds, followed by optimized product portfolio. The jobholder furthermoredevelops and manages effective relations with various channel partners,end-users and internal / external stakeholders.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Develops, regularly updates and deploys the winning commercialstrategy for the market under his/her responsibility, synchronizing all keyorganizational deliverables
- Responsible for creating and realizing the yearly / quarterly salesplan, including forecast and AOP, in line with agreed market plans, as well asdedicated strategic initiatives.
- Acts as the “voice of the market” towards business groups (spottingmarket trends and evolutions, engaged in the constant process of businessdevelopment.
- Responsible for the Talent and Capability Development in line with theagreed strategy.
- Monitors the overall organizational performance (sales, profitabilityand operational excellence) against budgeted KPIs and takes corrective actions.
- Develops and maintains effective networks to leverage Philips'position, especially towards Key Opinion Leaders (e.g. President, Governors).
- Ensures appropriate level of cooperation across all functions,businesses and geographies of the organization in order to maximize customersatisfaction and operational performance.
- Provides strong people leadership.
- Ensures full adherence and integrity of business operation accordinginternal / external requirements and (ethical) standards (e.g. PBS).
- Is co-accountable with the Regional Leader for the delivery of thecollaborative P&L, whereby business teams and market teams focus each ontheir respective part of the P&L.
Knowledge & Critical Experiences:
- The Country Manager will have 5-8 years of relevant and successful experience in the following:
- In managing the commercial function in a large, complex organization. This experience will include both customer and business-to-business models,preferably in a technology environment.
- Proven track record as (senior) leader in a large global matrixorganization with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- In change management, as it relates to the culture and mind set of acomplex organization.
- Competencies in managing a commercial function.
- Competencies in change management.
- Skills in bringing people together and aligning them around commongoals; leverages the power of Philips independent from organizationalstructures and reports.
- Skills in collaborating with and influencing the stakeholder.
- Shows a deep understanding of the global business environment andend-user insight
- Skills in creating innovative strategies.
- Results oriented: take personal accountability to deliver results.
- Customer centric: driven by a strong external focus.
- Skills in leveraging capabilities: works across internal and externalboundaries to maximize value for Philips through simple solutions.
- Skills in championing people’s growth: commits personally to theperformance and development of people, while considering long term needs ofPhilips.
The success of the Country Manger will be measured using the followingkey indicators:
- Turnover and IGM (profitability)
- P&L and AoP targets.
- Number and quality ofnew growth opportunities.
- Employee engagementand NPS scores.
- Cost targets.
Sharpen your talents with new challengesin our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used tolistening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. Weoffer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a careerwith a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.