Current Job Vacancy at Etisalat Nigeria
Posted on: 31 March, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
Etisalat's vision is a world where people's reach is not limited by matter or distance; a world where people will effortlessly stay in touch with family and friends; a world where businesses of all sizes can reach new markets without the limitations of distance and travel.
Etisalat Nigeria is recruiting to fill the positions below:
- Serves as a point of legal advice on local and international commercial contracts.
- Liaises with relevant departments and divisions to draft, review and or interpret contractual agreements, ensure that contracts entered by Etisalat are consistent with corporate and governmental laws, rules and regulations
- Advise Etisalat on legal matters relating to corporate and project finance contracts and assist departments in the closure of financial transactions to the best interest of Etisalat.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit's activities.
- Continuously assist in reviewing the unit/team's activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Assist in identifying required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit/function's strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with individual departments & divisions and provide advice on legal issues arising from contracts.
- Review and vet contracts and legal agreements including memoranda of understanding (MoUs) or agreement (MoAs), letters of intent and other related documents.
- Research and proffer opinion on any legal inquiries or issues of a contractual nature arising out of the interpretation and application of contracts and agreements.
- Ensure that terms and conditions set out in contractual documentation are legally valid, consistent with Etisalat's policies, rules and regulations, and are in the organisation's best interest.
- Coordinate with tender committees and concerned departments/divisions in drafting and finalizing tender documentation. Provide legal assistance to tender committees in tender amendment, tender process management, contract negotiation and finalization.
- Provide assistance in litigation by or against contractors or other parties arising out of contracts, agreements, or similar documentation.
- Ensure the set up and maintenance of a database of all contractual documents and related legal documentation.
- Ensure safe custody of all tenders and contracts.
- Assist in implementing the unit's work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in planning and managing the human and material resources of the unit to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinates' performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Ensure adequate training and development is delivered to employees in the Contract and Tender review and management processes.
- Monitor and control the budgetary needs of the unit/function.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Commercial and Corporate Services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head, Commercial and Corporate Services.
- First degree in Law.
- Postgraduate/professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
Experience,Skills & Competencies
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
- Telecoms Regulations
- Legislation and Compliance
- Legal Contract Drafting
- Conflict Management and Dispute Resolution
- Team Management
- Passion forExcellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Note: Click or search jobs by date. Choose a suitable timeframe e.g. Last 7 Days and then click on Search.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- Marketing Communications Executives at ipNX Nigeria Limited
- Marketing / Sales Representatives at Lotus Beta Analytics Nigeria Ltd. (LBAN)
- Enterprise Systems Developer at Babban Gona
- Graphic Designers at Lotus Beta Analytics Nigeria Ltd
- Sales Operations Manager at an International Gaming and Lottery Technology Company - WOWJobs
- Jobs at Ysidra Creative Solutions Limited
- Advanced Graphic/Brand Designer at Thinkshifts Limited