ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145,000 people
ABB is a multinational corporation headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, operating mainly in robotics and the power and automation technology areas. It ranked 158th in the Forbes Ranking (2013).
As a Country Managing Director Nigeria, you will collaborate with the global and local business lines to develop targets for profitable growth in the countries that are in line with the Group and division strategies. ABB is world’s leader in Power Products, Low Voltage Products, Automation Products, Discrete Automation and Motion, and Power Systems. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
As a Country Managing Director your responsibilities will be as follows:
• You will have the know-how, market expertise, and standing in the community and are expected to actively support and help the divisions in the execution of their local activities. This involves everything from back-end operational issues to front-end sales and marketing.
• You must be involved in the divisional budgeting processes and Profit and loss is within the business line.
• You will lead the support functions HR, finance, legal, and communications.
• You should decide that some of the centralized resources may be dedicated to certain divisions in order to enable building up deeper know-how and relationship.
• You will directly interact with the ABB group functions and closely coordinate their local organization with group requirements and the local group functions will be reporting to you.
• You will be responsible for coordination and integration of all local operations: from sales and after-sales service organizations, including group accounts and key accounts, to important operational decisions within local divisions.
• You are the legally liable person for ABB’s business in a given country. You and your board carry the ultimate risk as it concerns compliance to local laws and regulations.
• You will always be the key local spokesperson, whenever someone of the local organization is required to represent ABB to the local authorities, unions, academia, press, investors, and similar constituencies, the task is with the country manager – or your specific delegate.
• You and your local support function also coordinate the local communication and public relations activities in line with group standards and divisional requirements.
• You have the overall responsibility for implementation of Group initiatives and policies in the country. And as leader of the team of local Function Managers, you have primary responsibility to ensure compliance with Group directives and instructions and is ultimately responsible for timely and qualitative fulfillment of tasks and assignments mandated by the Group.
• You have to create an ABB culture in country organization and you are expected to run this cost center in a cost-efficient way and according to budget.
Ideally you'll hold Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or Commerce field plus Master of Business Administration from an international university with a minimum of 15 to 20 years of prior experience in multinational companies and with local market knowledge is an advantage and fluency in both spoken & written English language is required.
You will be part of Power Products Division and the Medium Voltage Business unit based at Lagos. ABB is World’s leader in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers, cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.
As a Service Field Specialist your responsibilities are as follows:
• You will deliver service activities, which includes installation, commissioning, maintenance, troubleshooting procedures,
• You need to diagnose technical problems, determines corrective actions, and repairs products and/or systems via remote or on-site service
• You will have to ensure timely and cost-effective planning of on-site technicians in accordance with contractual agreements or single service requests. Also, prepare all material needed for on-site activities and ensures its arrival to site per the approved schedule
• You have to ensure site activities meet contractual requirements and monitor assistance services to ensure appropriate quality levels
• You should execute training activities on products in and out of warranty
• You must ensure training activity for customers regarding product use, applicable maintenance aspects and security
• You need to prepare service plan according to customer’s unique work environment and inform field technicians on scope of supply, schedule and agreements with customer and on safety documentation and safety coordination with the customer and contractors
• You have to prepare necessary documentation in accordance with ABB safety procedures and legal requirements and to ensure customer review and validation of documentation to appropriately identify necessary activities.
Ideally you'll hold Bachelor Degree in Electrical Power Engineering field with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in executing installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning activities, and experience with Electricity Distribution Companies and with Oil &Gas and industrial sector and fluency in both spoken and written English language is a must.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.