If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our Client is one of the top three Multinational Pharmaceuticals Companies in Nigeria.
To provide up-to-date brand and disease area medical expertise to shape and implement the Franchise strategy, generate and communicate brand-related scientific data to internal and external stakeholders, build collaboration with the scientific community; to collaborate with Country, Regional and Global team members in the execution of relevant clinical medical activities in assigned project(s).
- Prepares and drives the execution of the Medical Affairs strategic plans in collaboration with other functions to support the Franchise and brand strategies
- Designs, initiates, conducts and publishes local organizations sponsored studies in the CPO to generate relevant scientific data that addresses local needs and data gaps
- Evaluates investigator-initiated research studies for scientific soundness and alignment with the Global Clinical Development Plan and Medical Affairs brand strategy to decide on organizations support
- Collaborates with CRMAs, MSLs and Clinical Operations, identifying potential investigators for local and global studies, ensuring inclusive approach for medical experts
- Builds professional relationships with country level medical experts
- Participates in gathering medical insights / needs / feedback from external stakeholders (eg. HCPs, HAs) in country and communicates to internal partners
- Raises awareness of the company’s brands and programs, and disease areas in which the company have programs approved or being developed, through publication of manuscripts, scientific presentations and trainings
- Provides a source of key medical knowledge on the company’s pipeline programs and approved brands
- Collaborates cross-functionally to provide informed CPO input to IMB proposals
- Performs comprehensive evaluation of products passing DDP/FDP to enable effective New Product Planning for the CPO
- Works with market access team to develop country-specific HE&OR and market access strategies where applicable
- Works with patient associations in the country to gain insights and develop patient centric approach
- Collaborates effectively with CPO, Regional and Global Teams in the execution of relevant clinical and Medical Affairs activities
- Provides input to Global Clinical Development Plans and protocols
- Ensures that all Medical and Promotional activities and materials are compliant to the company, Pharmaceutical Industry procedures, and to National laws and regulations
- Where appropriate: Manages direct-reporting Medical Scientific Liaisons
- Provides medical expertise to non-medical functions from the early development phase throughout the life of the product(s) by:
- Leading together with franchise head and brand manager the IPS process
- Identifying the optimum positioning of the product within the therapeutic area
- Establishing close medical collaboration with external experts for new projects
- Assisting in the formation of medical advisory bodies as required
- Supporting product launches
- Maintaining and enlarging medical networks
- Supporting the evolution of promotional material
- Training sales force on scientific data
- Supporting DRA team on creation and updating of relevant materials
Education / Experience:
- Minimum: MD or PhD/PharmD degree in Health Sciences required as per country strategy and / or local regulations
- Desired: Specialist Medical Degree or specialist qualification related to discipline for which MA is responsible
- Highly preferred is previous experience within a Medical function in Pharma industry (either medical person) minimum of 5 years.
- Previous experience with Ophthalmology / Transplant would be an added advantage
- English: fluent spoken & written
- Local language: preferable
Sets clear Direction, Good judgment/Drives change, Superior results /Passion to win, Continuous improvement/Breakthrough thinking & Analytical conceptual thinking.
Scientific technical expertise, Disease and portfolio leadership, Medical education and communication, Medical leadership and stakeholder /HCP Engagement & Operational Excellence.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should forward all applications to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘MAMA’ as subject of application.
Application closes 15th April, 2015.