Our Client is one of the top three Multinational Pharmaceuticals Companies in Nigeria.
To provide up-to-date brand and disease area medical expertise to shape and implement the Franchise strategy, generate and communicate brand-related scientific data to internal and external stakeholders, build collaboration with the scientific community; to collaborate with Country, Regional and Global team members in the execution of relevant clinical medical activities in assigned project(s).
- Prepares and drives the execution of the Medical Affairs strategic plans in collaboration with other functions to support the Franchise and brand strategies
- Designs, initiates, conducts and publishes local organizations sponsored studies in the CPO to generate relevant scientific data that addresses local needs and data gaps
- Evaluates investigator-initiated research studies for scientific soundness and alignment with the Global Clinical Development Plan and Medical Affairs brand strategy to decide on organizations support
- Collaborates with CRMAs, MSLs and Clinical Operations, identifying potential investigators for local and global studies, ensuring inclusive approach for medical experts
- Builds professional relationships with country level medical experts
- Participates in gathering medical insights / needs / feedback from external stakeholders (eg. HCPs, HAs) in country and communicates to internal partners
- Raises awareness of the company’s brands and programs, and disease areas in which the company have programs approved or being developed, through publication of manuscripts, scientific presentations and trainings
- Provides a source of key medical knowledge on the company’s pipeline programs and approved brands
- Collaborates cross-functionally to provide informed CPO input to IMB proposals
- Performs comprehensive evaluation of products passing DDP/FDP to enable effective New Product Planning for the CPO
- Works with market access team to develop country-specific HE&OR and market access strategies where applicable
- Works with patient associations in the country to gain insights and develop patient centric approach
- Collaborates effectively with CPO, Regional and Global Teams in the execution of relevant clinical and Medical Affairs activities
- Provides input to Global Clinical Development Plans and protocols
- Ensures that all Medical and Promotional activities and materials are compliant to the company, Pharmaceutical Industry procedures, and to National laws and regulations
- Where appropriate: Manages direct-reporting Medical Scientific Liaisons
- Provides medical expertise to non-medical functions from the early development phase throughout the life of the product(s) by:
- Leading together with franchise head and brand manager the IPS process
- Identifying the optimum positioning of the product within the therapeutic area
- Establishing close medical collaboration with external experts for new projects
- Assisting in the formation of medical advisory bodies as required
- Supporting product launches
- Maintaining and enlarging medical networks
- Supporting the evolution of promotional material
- Training sales force on scientific data
- Supporting DRA team on creation and updating of relevant materials
Education / Experience:
- Minimum: MD or PhD/PharmD degree in Health Sciences required as per country strategy and / or local regulations
- Desired: Specialist Medical Degree or specialist qualification related to discipline for which MA is responsible
- Highly preferred is previous experience within a Medical function in Pharma industry (either medical person) minimum of 5 years.
- Previous experience with Ophthalmology / Transplant would be an added advantage
- English: fluent spoken & written
- Local language: preferable
Sets clear Direction, Good judgment/Drives change, Superior results /Passion to win, Continuous improvement/Breakthrough thinking & Analytical conceptual thinking.
Scientific technical expertise, Disease and portfolio leadership, Medical education and communication, Medical leadership and stakeholder /HCP Engagement & Operational Excellence.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should forward all applications to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘MAMA’ as subject of application.
Application closes 15th April, 2015.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.