Nokia invests in technologies important in a world where billions of devices are connected. We are focused on three businesses: network infrastructure software, hardware and services, which we offer through Nokia Networks; location intelligence, which we provide through HERE; and advanced technology development and licensing, which we pursue through Nokia Technologies. Each of these businesses is a leader in its respective field.
Through Networks, Nokia is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
• Lead all legal support to the business in the Central African region
• As part of the legal department’s dynamic resourcing plan, provide support to NOKIA’s other regional business
• Providing legal advice on a wide range of agreements with the customers and suppliers
• Provide legal training and education to business colleagues on NOKIA policies, commercial law, compliance and other relevant legal matters for the sub-region and company
• Lead all legal risk management initiatives in Central Africa to instill a positive, world class legal compliance culture and full adherence to internal and external governance requirements
• To review current processes in the organization, identify improvements and lead the change process
• Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in line with NOKIA standards, processes and policies
• Acts as a source of expert current knowledge of all legal, ethics & compliance programs and supports the development of an effective and pragmatic compliance culture
• Initiates a communication program that ensures a clear understanding of legal compliance standards required of individuals conducting high risk activities in the business
• Assess level of compliance with established policies, procedures and standards, across the organization as well as adequacy of internal controls within business, financial processes and operations
• Performs proactive risk assessment to identify business processes in the sub-region and region which may represent a risk for the company, with an emphasis on financial, business controls and efficient business processes
• Responsible for reporting and escalating risks, legal issues and best practices to Head of L&C for the MEA Region
• Coordinate with all functions in identifying, developing and implementing improvements in response to legal requirements, legislation changes and company policy requirements
• Participates in all the applicable subregion business approval boards and meetings, responsible for reporting and escalating legal issues and the relevant risks to the Head of L&C for the MEA Region.
• Unquestionable level of integrity with the ability to work as an enabler to the business in line with company policy and procedures
• Provide legal guidance and support to NOKIA’s Central African Business for day-to-day activities and work with the MEA L&C team as part of the legal department’s dynamic resourcing plan, to provide support to NOKIA’s other regional business
• Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts with third parties
• Proactively manage legal risks arising from complex business transactions
• Supports ethics and compliance initiatives
• Keeps the Central Africa Leadership Team informed about the changes in legislation and relevant legal topics affecting the business
• Provides legal guidance in tenders alongside the contract management and other functions
• Monitors and efficiently manages engagement of external counsels and the legal budget
• 7 - 10 years PQE
• Trained/qualified at a top tier, reputable corporate/commercial law firm
• Experience of working in a multi-national or regional company legal department.
• Excellent academic record and working references / credentials
• Experience in ethics and compliance, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and UK Bribery Act
• Admitted, or qualified to be admitted, to practice law in one jurisdiction in Central Africa
• Experience in the IT, technology, projects, software, telecommunications industry.
• Very strong individual contributor
• Strong leadership and business relationship skills
• Experienced in commercial, technology, IPR, business, labour, contract and competition law.
• Experienced in negotiating and drafting infrastructure and technology, business development, including those agreements covering a number of markets
• Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
• Fluent in written and oral English.
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management and third parties
• Capable of travel, to all other MEA Region countries on a short term business trips
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.