We are currently recruiting for a Lead Instrument and Controls Engineer on a 6/2 Rotational basis located at our client office in Lagos, Nigeria. The successful candidate will be responsible for design, specification and services related to control systems including process control systems, safety systems, control panels, analyser systems, telecommunications, filed instrumentation, and valves etc. May also be responsible for controls optimization.
With local autonomy establishes and maintains the technical standards within the discipline. Sets strategic and tactical direction with regard to policy and procedures, work force staffing and budgeting. Participates in decisions regarding the acquisition and execution of engineering, procurement and construction contracts, and supports business acquisitions and preparation of technical proposals. This is a management level position with full responsibility for hiring decisions, staffing levels, budgets, salary administration, and career development and mentoring of assigned personnel within the engineering discipline. Will be expected to support the electrical group until we have sufficient business to warrant mobilising a full time lead electrical engineer.
The successful candidate must also:
- Possess a broad range of instrument and controls engineering skills particularly in the oil and gas processing industry in both onshore and offshore environment. Well versed in national and international standards Significant experience working in foreign locations, with proven ability of mentoring and developing national employees necessary. Must be a safety leader, and have knowledge of the WG PSN iMap system.
- Have excellent English, spoken and written – a clear communicator
- Excellent presentations skills
- Good interview techniques and skills
- Be a team player
- Excellent coaching and mentoring
- Local negotiation and problem solving Focused drive
- Emotional Intelligence and culturally adept
- Trusted Influence
- Systems Thinking
- Willing to Travel
- No visa restrictions
- Medically fit and healthy
- Extensive experience in engineering (onshore and offshore projects)
- Performing a similar role in the past an advantage
- Knowledge of WGPSN Management System
- Licenced Chartered Professional Engineer with associated undergraduate Degree in Engineering
Why is WGPSN ‘where you want to be’?
- We are the largest brownfield oil and gas service company in the world so there are always opportunities for the best people to fast track their careers through understanding and living the company’s core values
- We have operations globally so your career has the ability to bring you to some of the most interesting places in the world
- Our training and competence teams will provide you with the tools and ability to progress your career