Job at The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM)
Posted on: 26 March, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at IBM - International Business Machines
The International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York, United States. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
- Storage Sales specialist professionals are responsible for selling IBM offerings (services, and industry solutions) directly to customers in their Industry segment.
- The Storage Sales Specialist works independently or is the leader of a team of sales specialists, providing advice and guidance to other sales specialists. Applicants having comprehensive knowledge of the specialty's offerings and is responsible for the success of those offerings within the business unit.
- This professional typically leads large and/or complex opportunities, where customers are national or otherwise significant, and is responsible for winning the business.
- As a result, the individual should have significant experience in ensuring that multiple areas of the services business (as well as other divisions within the company) including support functions, work cohesively in ensuring that the needs of the customer are met.
- The ability to build significant internal support network is critical to the success of this role.
- Applicants having in-depth sales, business and professional skills to work with any level of customer management. With a perspective beyond the assigned territory, this professional provides input to sales objectives and strategies for the business unit.
Communication / Negotiation: -
- Negotiates with team members to define approaches and goals, especially as it relates to designing solutions to meet customer needs or defining sales action plans. Facilitates teams, where members represent a diverse set of business interests or objectives.
- Effectively negotiates with multiple levels of customer management, resulting in successful closing of the sale.
- Problem Solving: -
- Designs total integrated solutions considering hardware, software and services as well as Third Party offerings, including offerings from other specialties/Brands, to meet complex customer business requirements.
- Combines solutions with terms and conditions to create a final customer proposal. Ensures that the proposal delivered to the customer provides a workable solution and satisfies IBM internal Policies, Processes and Procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years experience in Information Technology and Software Sales
- At least 3 years experience in Experience in Sales and a solid track record of quota attainment
- At least 3 years experience in Experience in new account acquisition, as well as management of existing accounts
- At least 3 years experience in Experience in software sales
- English: Fluent
- Master's Degree
- At least 8 years experience in Information Technology and Software Sales
- At least 5 years experience in Experience in Sales and a solid track record of quota attainment
- At least 5 years experience in Experience in new account acquisition, as well as management of existing accounts
- At least 5 years experience in Experience in software sales
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IBM - International Business MachinesSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at Swiz-tech Nigeria Limited
- Job Opportunities at Contec Global Infotech Limited
- Progammer at Lafrique Tracking and Security Services
- Development Consultant at Sage
- IT Internships at Auxano Solutions Technology
- IaaS/PaaS Cloud Success Manager at Oracle Nigeria
- Graduate Customer Service Representatives at Tizeti Network Limited
- Business Process Analyst at MainOne Cable Nigeria