Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Food Security Livelihoods (FSL) Supervisor - Fika, Yobe State
The Food Security Livelihoods (FSL) Supervisor will primarily be responsible for directly managing field assistants implementing food security and livelihood activities of the Improving food access and nutrition for vulnerable displaced and host population in Yobe State, in Northern Nigeria. This program aims to provide cash and/or vouchers to the IDPs and host communities to provide immediate access to food.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Provide support to the FSL Deputy Program Manager to implement the program successfully, harmonizing and developing technical approach, and ensuring that the technical standards, guidelines and methodologies developed are applied.
- Supervise field project team within food security & livelihoods sector to ensure compliance, technical quality and coherence in all FSL interventions.
- Ensure tracking and reporting of technical activities under food security and livelihood sector.
- Participate in technical recruitment and training of the project field team.
- Provide support to FSL DPM and FSL PM to implement FSL strategy, and make recommendations for improving the project according to activity results.
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Degree in a food security related field e.g. Agronomics, Agriculture, Animal health, Agricultural engineering, Development Studies e.t.c
- Capacity to supervise a team
- Professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Three years relevant work experience
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa and English
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
- Previous experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- Previous team management and activity planning experience
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
Previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, CIDA) and analytical capacity
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV together with their Cover Letter as an email attachment to the following email address to: email@example.com Applicants should indicate in the subject title of their forwarding mail, the title of the position they are applying for.
Note: Please do not attach your certificates to the application email. Any application received after Tuesday, 31st March, 2015 will not be considered.