GlaxoSmithKline Plc (GSK) is a British multinational pharmaceutical, biologics, vaccines and consumer healthcare company which has its headquarters in Brentford, London. As of March 2014, it was the world's sixth-largest pharmaceutical company after Johnson & Johnson, Novartis, Hoffmann-La Roche, Pfizer, and Sanofi, measured by 2013 revenue. The company was established in 2000 by the merger of Glaxo Wellcome (formed from the acquisition of Wellcome plc by Glaxo plc) and SmithKline Beecham plc (formed from the merger of Beecham Group plc and SmithKline Beckman Corporation, which in turn was formed by combining the Smith, Kline & French and Beckman companies).
• Minimum of 5 Years Experience in a similar role
• BSc in OH&S Management/Environmental or Social Sciences/ Engineering
• Knowledge of international Health, Safety and Environment Management standards and statutory requirements for factory, warehousing and workplaces is required.
• Knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power-point is required
• NEBOSH Diploma
• OHSAS 18001 or ISO 14001 Management Systems auditor training
• Supervise and monitor compliance to EHS management system and implementation of activities across business locations
• Ensure proper implementation of EHS Programme elements and Governance in order to prevent accident / fire occurrence and occupational illnesses.
• Champion Fire Safety Management System on Site
• Conduct Fire Risk Assessment and Implementation of effective Fire Preventive Measures in line Global Engineering Standard (GES)
• Conduct drills and simulation Pan GSK Nigeria on effective Emergency Response/ Preparedness
• Monitor and ensure that Operations within Site are carried out safely / professionally to ensure that a Safe Working Environment is maintained always
• Conduct investigative activities, as well as update and maintain all related EHS based Trainings, Communication and Record Keeping
• Champion Factory EHS Risk Assessment Programme, including Incident Investigation (Root Cause Analysis), as well as assist in development of SOPs and Training materials to ensure fulfilment of Safety requirements
• Support Site EHS programmes of Process and Machinery Safety, Occupational Hygiene and Environmental Management System, as well as drive the achievement of Zero Accident Prevention (ZAP) KPI for the business
• Maintain strategy for BBS (Behaviour Based System), Living Safety Culture Program on site
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.