If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) is a multilateral development finance institution established to contribute to the economic development and social progress of African countries. The AfDB was founded in 1964 and comprises three entities: The African Development Bank, the African Development Fund and the Nigeria Trust Fund.
The Delivery and Performance Management Office (DPMO) is at the center of Bank’s efforts to drive performance across the institution and sustain focus on delivery. The Delivery and Performance Management Office supports the ambitions of the Bank’s Ten Year Strategy to achieve greater client responsiveness, institutional effectiveness and efficiency for enhanced development impact.
The role of the office is to oversee, lead and coordinate operational performance management activities across the institution, provide early warning on areas of non- performance and drive performance improvements in critical priority areas of the Bank. These activities include Business Process re-engineering to ensure quality and speed of delivery and greater Value for Money, for which DPMO seeks to recruit an experienced Technical Assistant for a duration of no more than two years.
The Business Process Expert core responsibilities include:
Business Process diagnosis
- Build on previous mapping of critical processes and confirm areas of high impact and possible quick wins
- Analyze and map in detail current processes to highlight areas of inefficiencies
- Engage with process owners on business requirements, ease of use and areas of inefficiencies
- Design proposals to streamline existing processes, clearly laying out responsibilities and timeframes
- Actively engage with process owners on the validity of proposals
- Ensure technical soundness of proposals and prepare detailed budget and cost/benefit analysis
- Ensure adequate safeguards are built-in to satisfy fiduciary compliance
Change Management Plans
- Put in place a change management plan and architecture to roll out streamlined processes
- Advise on tools and implementation steps to reach agreed objectives
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or an equivalent degree in business administration, management, computer science, organizational behavior or other relevant fields;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in performance management, business process management with solid understanding of both corporate and operational performance issues;
- Technical skills and proven track record in Organizational Behaviour Models, Quality Improvement Models, Cost Rationalization, Management Information Systems (MIS), Process Benchmarking;
- Critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated success in process improvement & standardization.
- Prior exposure to International Financial Institutions, notably Development Banks, would be an advantage.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French with a working knowledge of the other language;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues;
- High degree of discretion, tact and sensitivity in dealing with internal and external clients and stakeholders;
- Competence in the use of software standard to workflow engineering;
- Ability to work under pressure and perform in a multicultural and complex environment.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidate should click here to apply online.