Our client is one of the largest industrial printing organizations in Lagos Nigeria. They possess top-class equipment and facilities that cannot be rivaled. As a result of growth, the position of a Store Keeper has become vacant.
The Storekeeper will be responsible for all Store operations activities including sending out and receiving, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting store transactions, maintaining records, and overseeing storage of surplus inventory and property for the District.
The ideal candidate will maintain computerized inventory control records on all orders made, received, stored, material issued, supplies; input and track data.
- Receives stores, issues supplies and compiles records of supply transactions across broad, utilizing a computer purchasing and inventory control system.
- Verifies that supplies received are listed on requisitions and invoices.
- Stores supplies in storerooms and issues material supplies.
- Inventories supplies and equipment at end of each week.
- Compiles report of expenditures.
- Inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes documentation with purchase orders; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Ships cancelled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
- Handles and documents storage and transportation of all raw materials.
- Maintains the warehouse, records area and stores area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, repairs and surplus.
- Verify articles against purchase orders or packing lists and count and inspect materials for
- damage or defects.
- Review potential vendor information required to register as a vendor..
- Identify vendors and obtain quotes of prices for goods to be purchased; research on best raw printing materials, substitute products and pricing.
- Select proper storage areas and store articles in bins, racks, shelves, floor etc.
- Enter and retrieve data from a computerized inventory control system.
- Track material usage and establish reorder points.
- Assist in reconciling work order quantities with inventory records.
- Perform weekly cycle counts, quarterly inventory, mid -year inventory, year-end inventory and physical inventory and prepare year-end inventory reports.
- May direct the work of temporary assistants and train them in proper and safe work procedures.
- Maintain storage areas, shelves, and outside yard in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assign part numbers to materials through the computer system and perform clerical duties related to the storekeeping functions.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- University degree in social sciences.
- Ideal candidate must have 4 – 5 years cognate experience in store management.
Perform general store-keeping and warehouse duties; maintain accurate manual and computer records; perform physical labour; understand and carry out oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse clients.
Modern store/ warehouse procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials; basic stock inventory procedures; requisitions, purchase orders, invoices etc
Method of Application
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SEND CV’s to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘Store Keeper’ as subject of mail.
Closing date is 10th April, 2015.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.