If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
TNS advises clients on specific growth strategies around new market entry, innovation, brand switching and customer and employee relationships, based on long-established expertise and market-leading solutions. With a presence in over 80 countries, TNS has more conversations with the world’s consumers than anyone else and understands individual human behaviours and attitudes across every cultural, economic and political region of the world.
TNS is part of Kantar, one of the world's largest insight, information and consultancy groups.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the IT Manager will be primarily responsible for TNS RMS, Nigeria IT and Communications Network and Systems, ensuring the systems are running efficiently and reliably, and ensuring that end users are supported. IT Manager will provide a strategic overview to meet the future business and systems requirements.
- Managing and implementing new IT systems of an infrastructure and development nature, mainly, but not exclusively in the Lagos office working closely with Head of Information Systems and Technology in WECA.
- Participating in the Business Unit driving innovation and keeping up to date with new developments to ensure that technology is used as effectively as possible within all areas of TNS.
- Evaluating business processes / workflows, working closely with Head of Information Systems and Technology, IT Systems Developer and other structures within TNS to develop new business systems.
- Planning, preparing and delivering internal IT training.
- Independently managing IT Support in the Lagos office (incl all workstations, laptops, printers, servers, video conferencing and other communication facilities).
- Providing high-level technical support to the Call Centre.
- Providing backup support of users in Lagos and occasionally those in other West Africa (WA) offices.
- Administration of servers & backups, mainly, but not exclusively in the Lagos office.
- Promoting and maintaining a high level of service delivery & professionalism within the business unit.
- Developing relationships and communication with all users regarding IT.
- Providing timeous feedback to Business Unit Head on potential IT infrastructure and support issues.
- Supporting client facing teams in terms of software supplier interface.
- Adding strategic value throughout the business with little guidance from the Director of Operations, Nigeria.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/Computer Engineering or equivalent education and experience.
- Microsoft certification in Windows 2003 Server and XP Desktop environments or more recent.
- Minimum three years managing an IT department.
- Minimum two years of network/systems administration including working knowledge of Cisco networks, Microsoft Server and Exchange environments, Microsoft Desktop platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with Executive Management of an organisation, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Working with IT suppliers on contracts and procurement of IT assets.
- Good understanding of network/systems security.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Design and setup of networks and windows systems.
- Proven track record in implementing IT projects.
- Strong people management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work long hours/weekends when required.
- Demonstrably effective at providing timely, concise, audience - appropriate information orally and in writing.
Method of Application
To submit your application, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Cover Letter should explain why you are interested in the role and how you meet the job requirements.