The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In early 2014, IRC opened a field office in Mubi town of Adamawa state in NE Nigeria. IRC has ECHO, OFDA, and Gates funds to respond to health, nutrition, GBV, and WASH activities. In September 2014, IRC received additional funds to carry out emergency food distributions, shelter support, and NFI distributions to newly displaced IDPs. IRC also received funds to carry out a child protection rapid assessment and program start up activities.
The Grants Manager is directly supervised by the Senior Program Coordinator (SPC).
Grants & Compliance
- Ensure that reports to donors are submitted on time and are coherent and accurately written (quarterly, interim and/or final report)
- Maintain hard and soft files on IRC Nigeria grant portfolio
- Play a key role in Grant Opening and Closing meetings, as well as monthly/regular grants management meetings which include representation from each unit (finance, programs, logistics) and ensure proper follow up of issues raised
- Monitor and support the use of grants management tools such as FM01, BvAs, procurement planning, hire planning and activity plans amongst program teams to ensure accurate tracking of implementation and timely alerts to potential challenges/obstacles
- In coordination with IRC-UK and IRC NY, monitor implementation of programs to ensure they are in accordance with donor and IRC internal requirements
- In coordination with the SPC, lead program staff teams in the development of quality proposals. Act as the lead writer for all proposals.
- Liaise with NY grants units, technical units and IRC UK to ensure proposals meet internal standards, apply IRC Program Framework principles and are donor compliant
- Visits to field sites in order to work directly with program staff on the development of proposals and to regularly visit IRC program activities
Training and capacity building
- To offer training and capacity building of all staff on program reporting and IRC program specific documents
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and integrate the IRC program framework into all programs
- Keep informed on monitoring and evaluation techniques and support tools which can be shared with program staff; work closely with the various program sector heads
Information management/data collection
- To distribute and share with all IRC staff copies of all documentation (grant proposals, reports, budget etc) related to their specific programs. Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use
- To act as an information resource on Nigeria. In connection with the SPC, be able to provide informative and varied articles from several sources regarding the current political, socio-economic, security situation in the country
- Provide briefing papers and support development of external communication tools as relevant for donor visits/meetings on IRC Nigeria as a whole and IRC Nigeria programs in particular
- Attend inter cluster/coordination as when SPC and/or sector coordinators are not available to collect and share information on program work and security information in Nigeria
- Identify opportunities for program development
- Assist technical assessments as a basis for program development
- Coordinate and initiate project proposals and develop program proposals for the IRC Nigeria Program under the supervision of the SPC
- Participate in all internal program strategy meetings with senior management team
- Participate in meetings with in-country donor representatives to discuss ongoing and future programs
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent oral and written reporting skills and demonstrated ability to write and edit reports under deadline pressure.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports and proposals and to meet required reporting deadlines
- Working knowledge of budget development and management
- Experience conducting assessments, preferably using participatory approaches
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
- Competence with Windows, Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in unstable security environments
- Previous experience working with international partners, in particular UN, SIDA, WB, and ECHO
- Fluent written and spoken English required
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale