Dubbed the "Netflix of Africa", iROKOtv.com is the worlds largest online distributor of African movies. Headquartered in Africa's most populous country, Nigeria, with regional offices in Newyork and Johannedburg, the business has an audience in excess of 6million people worldwide and is regularly featured as one of Africa's fastest growing internet businesses in worldwide press including Techcrunch, CNN, CNBC,Africa, BBC, Variety, Financial Times, Economist and Forbes.
With substantial revenue projections expected over the next 3-5years, iROKOtv is now recruiting for a number of key senior executive roles.
The video editor is responsible for assembling recorded raw material into a finished product that's suitable for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects. This is a key role in the post-production process and the editor skills can determine the quality and delivery of the final product. He or she will usually work closely with the Executive producer / Production assistant and the Programs manager to achieve the desired end result.
Digital technology, specialist computer software and high-quality digitisation of sound and pictures have effectively replaced the traditional manual method of cutting film. In some instances the video editor may be given creative freedom, while in others he or she will be required to just operate the necessary machines.
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto digital files in preparation for inputting into the computer;
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer;
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable;
- Creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
- Reordering and tweaking the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Ability to understand and work from a shot list, script, or screenplay;
- Additional tasks may include:
- overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
- experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;
- writing voiceover/commentary;
- suggesting or selecting music.
- The video editor may also carry out online editing duties which involve finalising technical aspects such as correcting faulty footage, grading and colouring, and adding special effects.
- There could be a need to work long or irregular hours. Work may need to be carried out on location.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must have a high level of technical expertise.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Must be able to work under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Mac and PC platforms
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a video editing role.
- Must have worked in a media house before.
- Must have an online video editing skill.
- A Keen eye for detail
- Must be a good team player
- Must be very creative
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale