If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
From emergency response through post-conflict development work, in a great variety of roles around the world, the International Rescue Committee’s 8,000-plus staff is a force for humanity and hope. If you’re skilled and passionate, we’d like to add your energy to ours.
Careers at the IRC are as wide-ranging and far-reaching as our work. Encouraging staff development through promotion, transfer and rehire, the IRC nurtures long-term career paths and helps employees grow within the organization.
At any given moment, on any given day, all around the world, IRC staff members are restlessly and effectively working for the sake of the most vulnerable among us—to restore and renew hope, dignity and freedom.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
The CYPD Coordinator provides key leadership to the IRC’s CYPD programme in Nigeria. S/he will be responsible for the overall strategic direction, management and implementation of the multifaceted CYPD program.The CYPD Coordinator reports to the Field Coordinator.This position requires a team player, experienced professional with a strong project management skills, technical background in child protection and/or education who has a dynamic approach to programming, and ideally comes with some African experience.
- Provide technical support and management leadership to the CYPD staff and extend technical oversight to project partners implementing activities in the field, ensuring that IRC programs are of high quality and that programs are driven by data and learning, working in conjunction with other colleagues in the IRC Nigeria program.
- Promote the quality of the IRC’s CYPD programs by setting up quality assurance mechanisms and checks in collaboration with other staff.
- Contribute to reviews and evaluation processes which will inform project implementation and direction.
- Work with the Technical Unit in HQ in programme design, and coordination of technical input to CYPD programs in Nigeria.
- Work closely with local government partners in education and child protection to ensure all programme activities are aligned to sectoral development and emergency response priorities, and to promote sustainability of project interventions.
- Establish and maintaining strategic partnerships with key education and child protection sector stakeholders, including UN agencies, local civil society organisations, religious institutions and community-based organisations.
- Work the Country Program and the Regional Unit to develop the new Country Action Plan and support the integration of its objectives into the Child Youth and Protection Development sector
- Work with the Country Program and Technical Advisors to evaluate, review and plan the emergency response and recovery plan for Child Youth Protection and Development programmes.
- Develop the IRC’s sector strategy Child & Youth Protection and Development programme, leading efforts in fundraising and fostering donor relations within the education and child protection sectors in country.
- Develop new/complimentary concepts/proposals to ensure sustained funding for the CYPD sector
- Collaborate with and support other program coordinators (Women’s Protection and Empowerment and Health) to ensure knowledge and best practice are shared across the programme, ensuring that children and youth needs are addressed in a holistic manner across all programme sectors.
- Work with the other programme coordinators and Field Coordinator to identify areas of integration and joint programming.
Team management, Leadership and HR
- To provide management leadership and expertise to ensure CYPD programmes provide the best value for money
- Oversee and manage the practical day-to-day management and implementation of the program while promoting the active participation and involvement of relevant government officials at the state and local level as well as stakeholders.
- Lead the staff performance management, including the development or review of staff performance objective, establishment of professional development plans and conducting annual staff performance evaluations for all CYPD field staff. Provide training and professional development opportunities for CYPD staff (mentoring, on-the-job sessions as well as formal trainings).
- Oversee all CYPD budget management, ensuring that project budgets are spent on time and in line with donor rules and regulations.
- Work closely with the support departments (eg finance, logistics and grants) to ensure quality programming is delivered in line with approved project work plans.
Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Ensure effective and efficient monitoring & evaluation systems are in place for program oversight, quality control and reporting.
- Ensure that the stated goals and objectives of all CYPD projects are met with strong monitoring and evaluation follow up, including any required operational research, with technical support from the Technical Unit in HQ and the Country Director as needed.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to review programme activities and staff performance, and to ensure project modifications are made as needed.
- Ensure high-quality IRC and donor reports on activities, indicators and achievements
- At least five years of international experience in child protection and/or education project management with a minimum two years in a managerial position
- International experience, with preference in emergency settings and/or Africa
- Advanced university degree in social work, education and/or relevant human development field;
- Strong networking and donor relations skills
- Strong planning, monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Proven personnel management experience;
- Strong facilitation and training skills;
- Excellent writing skills including previous proposal writing experience;
- Demonstrated budget management;
- English written and spoken language fluency
Specific Security Situation /Housing: U n-accompanied, shared housing provided, Security code orange.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here