The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) - Since its creation in 1863, the ICRC's sole objective has been to ensure protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and strife. It does so through its direct action around the world, as well as by encouraging the development of international humanitarian law (IHL) and promoting respect for it by governments and all weapon bearers. Its story is about the development of humanitarian action, the Geneva Conventions and the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
We are looking for suitable candidates to fill the vacancy below:
Location: Port Harcourt
- Facilitate the Implementation of the First Aid training program in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations.
- Work in partnership with other members of ICRC First Aid team in Nigeria and Liaise with the mobile surgical team during joint mass casualty exercise/management and other emergencies.
- Work in collaboration with Nigerian Red Cross National Society (NRCS) First Aid trainers allocated during joint training exercises.
- Develop and maintain contacts with authorities throughout Nigeria and other external interlocutors
- Contribute to set-up, design, implementation and monitoring of the First Aid program including analysis of outcomes.
- Relevant university degree and/or qualification.
- First Aid certificate.
- 3-4 years professional experience in same or similar field activities.
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Good computer skills with confirmed leadership and management experience.
- Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel in all regions in the Niger Delta.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work.
- Ability to work Independently, capacity to take Initiatives, ability to integrate changes in a fast paced environment
- Good communication Skills
- Organised, punctual and reliable
- Sound ability to apply ICRC rules and working procedures.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application (letter or motivation, CV's copies of Certificates/diploma) with "First Aid Field Officer" clearly state on their envelope to:
ICRC Port Harcourt,
46B Orogbum Crescent,
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale