Division/Department: Technology – Capital Projects
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
Supervises: Senior Rollout Managers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
General Manager Rollout is responsible for managing and coordinating of all the necessary processes in the Build phase of the project which is typical for generating and implementing the workflows. The most important task is to manage the project teams actively and to coordinate projects through Senior Managers from the inception to execution. GM Rollout should have an understanding of technical solution delivered to the customer and is involved in the transition from ordering through to acceptance.
- Accountable for all work concerned to site acquisition, engineering design, site construction, civil work of site, tower construction, equipment installation, equipment dismounting , acceptance etc
- Responsible for sites budgeting, supervision and delivery
- Accountable to figure out the quality control management program and implement the program
- Responsible for material procurement
- Responsible for sites implementation plan and follow-up
- Responsible for managing and controlling the team of Managers, site engineers and subcontractors
- Responsible for customer satisfaction related to quality control, cost control and timely delivery
- Accountable for planning, prioritizing and executing a project by working with Senior Mnagers, Account Managers, Operations Managers, Implementation managers, delivery organizations and external customers. This includes project procurement, integration, time, cost, scope, planning and initiation
- Develops required project documentation identifying project goals and tasks and generating assignments consistent to meet objectives
- Establishes change management procedures, including evaluation and communication for project duration
- Develops reporting strategy for project
- Use established and best practice processes to successfully deliver projects and services
- Maintains clear communication with customers regarding mutual expectations and monitors customer satisfaction, seeks and understands customer processes for proper alignment of expectations
- Builds business relationships beyond the project environment
- Organizes and leads a matrix project team as required
- Provides feedback and focus to all team members.
- Serves as a change management agent representing the Rollout Organization
- Ability to guide and coach senior members of the Rollout team.
- Takes responsibility for project and actively executes to project plan while maintaining quality standards
- Ensures all commitments are met in accordance with pre-established project goals/objectives
- Demonstrates control of equipment deliveries, service costs, project activities and customer hand-over requirements
- Responsible for reporting on project financial and schedule progress based upon project goals
- Ensures strategy for cost control is used
- Good understanding of project data to predict project success
- Performs risk management
- Manages change, formulates action plans, mitigates risk to minimize schedule delays and costs
- Actively takes advantage of change opportunities and recommends new or revised strategies for project integration
- Effectively manages closure of project through customer final acceptance. Ensures an on-time and in-budget project
- Understands and assures quality standards are met on assigned deliverables
- Evaluates and communicates final project status
- Utilizes contract information to maximize success of project
- Actively identifies efficiencies for future implementations
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a science, business or telecommunications discipline, or a minimum of ten years of progressive experience in a related field
- Ten to Fifteen years’ experience in project management, and/or related functional areas in a communication systems companies
- Highly developed working knowledge of business process, including tender and sales
- Strong financial knowledge/training
- Current PMP certification or is actively pursuing professional project management certification (PMP), recommended to be completed within 1 year
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel Projects, Viso, Outlook etc)
The person who plays this role should have the following competencies:
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with approved standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Solid knowledge of towerco business environment
- Good knowledge of Project management: PMI (advantage)
- Proactive and must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service