Logistics Vacancy at Nampak
Posted on: 20 March, 2015
Deadline: 27 March, 2015
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at NAMPAK
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Nampak Cartons based in Ibadan was established in 2004 to supply British American Tobacco's (BAT) cigarette packaging requirements. While BAT is still the major customer, cartons and labels are now produced for a number of multinational companies.
Our factory is situated next to the BAT Nigeria factory on the Ibadan-Lagos Expressway. We operate state-of-the-art gravure printing presses with a highly skilled on-site team backed by the extensive technical resources and experience of the Nampak Group.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Logistics Manager
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the procurement /logistics department.
- Manage the supply pipeline (from order to delivery), keeping the supply chain appropriately "stacked" especially for stock items.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Stores Section on the monitoring of critical material inputs (local and imported), managing the supply of such.
- Manage the supply chain for all imported raw materials, generating all necessary reports.
- Ensure that accurate materials requirement planning and implementation for all major imported raw material inputs are done.
- Liaise with the Stores to ensure accuracy of receipts on all imported items, vetting such.
- Determine adequately the extent of any loss wherever and coordinate Insurance Agents & Logistics Solution Providers for the Insurance claims processing. Produce schedules for such losses and midwife to completion.
- Develop constantly new sources for direct supply/purchase of key requirements.
- Arrange and manage Exports when and where necessary.
- Manage and monitor the activities of various Logistics Solution Providers and Clearing Agents.
- Liaise adequately with Logistics Solution Providers and the NCS to resolve and settle all & every related imported queries.
- Understand the dynamics and workings of the new CET, HS Codes & Destination Inspection.
- Procure and process all necessary imported documentation while managing the tripartite relationship between the Company, Nampak IOM and GMT.
- Source, obtain and develop new competitive sources of supply for spare parts and other major inputs locally and overseas.
- Manage the supply chain for imported spare parts and generate reports on such.
- Manage the import Express courier Accounts (DHL).
- Guide adequately and direct the Management on the fastest and cheapest routes for "Emergency Imports", managing and implementing such.
- Any other ad hoc duty assigned by the reporting Line Management, Finance / Logistics Director.
- A relevant Degree in distribution/logistics or equivalent.
- HND/ First Degree in Purchasing & Supplies or related disciplines
- 5 years on the job experience within a Manufacturing/Raw Material/Purchasing Management environment.
- Knowledge of ordering and receiving of goods and stock level management reporting.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about NAMPAKSimilar Jobs
- Customer Services Manager - West Africa at Reckitt Benckiser
- Jobs at Sumal Foods Limited
- Project Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Sales Manager at Material Sources International Limited
- Internal Auditor at Giant Beverages Limited
- Sales Executives at Stresert Services Limited
- Sales Representatives at Sona Industrial Gases Limited
- Graduate PCM Specialist, Beverages and Groceries (MEA) at Mondelez International LLC - Cadbury Nigeria Plc