The ICRC Delegation in Abuja is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate with the capacity to work independently to fill in the position below:
- Produce maps to support the humanitarian objectives 'Of the delegation following ICRC GIS Guidelines.
- Organize and maintain the Geo-database of the delegation.
- Maintain Synergy Geographic Referential.
- Support Delegation Staff in collecting and managing Geo-Data-iAGl.
- Provide regular Geoportal / GPS / GIS trainings to ICRC delegation colleagues
- Carry out regular GIS support missions tto the ICRC Sub-delegations and Offices).
- Prepare and maintain basic geo-referential data. -
- University degree in GIS or related field.
- 2 years work experience in a similar function.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and train others in GIS.
- Willingness of selt-education in GIS (Knowledge in Web Mapping an advantage)
- Very good database managements skills.
- Good analysis and synthesis capacities.
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Ability to work independently and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Team-work oriented with sound communication skills
- Punctual, reliable. confirmed organisational skills
- Sound empathy when dealing with people/beneficiaries
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and working procedures
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma, references) to the following address, not later than 26, March 2015
Attn. Administrator, ICRC Abuja,
31 Pope John Paul Street,
Please clearly indicate "GIS-Officer Abuja" on your envelope
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organisation. For more information about the ICRG, please visit our website www.icrc.org