Summary: The Finance & Accounting Associate performs daily accounting, finance, and treasury activities as well as additional analysis responsibilities that may include support of the management team in a variety of operational decisions that have a financial impact. S/he engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, engaging in cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance. The Finance & Accounting Associate will report to the Head of Finance and Accounting at eHealth’s headquarters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Enters and maintains the organization’s on-site daily accounting records. Manages any outsourced finance and accounting functions.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in conjunction with country offices and assures documentation is always up to date. Maintains close working relationship with the Finance & Accounting offices in all eHA country offices.
- Forecasts monthly cash flow positions and related borrowing needs. Ensures availability of sufficient funds to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements for all eHA country offices.
- Ensures proposed expenditures are within budget and the appropriate documentation trail is in place. Ensures appropriate approvals are in place prior to spending, If expenditures are out of the approved annual budgets.
- Maintains local banking relationships.
- Provides supervision in the preparation of country budget in accordance with grants and contracts. Carefully track all fixed and variable expenses. Differentiates between funded and unfunded expenses to ensure proper calculation of eHA’s indirect cost rate.
- Assists in providing reports to Management on expense variances from approved budgets.
- Engages in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the organization.
- Engages in benchmarking with other in-country F&A teams to establish areas of potential financial and/or operational improvements. Interprets the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Reviews company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput as it relates to the processing of accounts payable. Creates additional analysis and reports as requested by Management.
- Performs other duties assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Finance and Accounting or any other related field.Minimum of Three (3) years professional accounting/finance experience preferably with a non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO), or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A proven track record of achievement in the areas of finance and accounting as well as a master of spreadsheets.
- Must understand accounts payable, receivables and be able to work effectively and efficiently in the organizations accounting system. Must have a grasp of basic accounting terminology and have worked with budgets, forecasts and variance reporting.Good knowledge of financial management and accounting and budget holding principles.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work independently and comfortable coordinating multi-country staff.
- Organizational skills and great attention to detail. Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
Certifications and Licenses
- Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
Proficiency working within specialized financial software utilized in program. QuickBooks.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here