MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class infrastructure enhances the productivity and profitability of our customers.
Since its launch in 2010, MainOne has developed a reputation for highly reliable services to become the preferred provider of wholesale Internet services to major telecom operators, ISPs, government agencies, large enterprises, and educational institutions in West Africa
MainOne’s world class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state of the art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing critical connectivity solutions in West Africa.
Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global reach to our customers.
The position will play a pivotal role in financial and tax planning, execution and review for all aspects of the Group’s operational improvement initiatives towards Shareholders’ wealth maximization and compliance with extant tax laws.
Specifically, the Financial Planning and Tax Analyst’s duties shall include:
Key Role :
· Helping with planning of corporate, consumption, personal and other Taxes, levies and fees.
· Providing advice and updates on current tax and Transfer Pricing laws and regulations.
· Liaison with tax authorities and advisers across all jurisdictions with a view to complying with all tax laws and regulations.
· Evaluation of tax implications of transactions to optimize taxes and comply with Transfer Pricing issues across the Group
· Evaluation of and advice on intercompany transactions and inter-relationships amongst group members
· Providing tax advice on the new projects.
· Sorting out tax queries and ensuring that tax issues are considerably minimized.
· Ensuring achievement of optimal Effective Tax Rate (ETR) in all subsidiaries.
· Evaluation of current tax compliance levels and making recommendations for improvements.
· Assisting in annual Budget preparation and quarterly reviews
· Providing analytical and other reviews and helping with presentations of plans and models.
· Performing due diligence and building financial models for existing and new businesses.
· Providing product costing analyses using best-fit costing methodologies.
· Preparing monthly variance reports
· Analysing such variances and providing remedial actions
· Preparing departmental /Subsidiary performance reports.
· Preparing and reviewing assets and non-assets schedules for insurance coverage.
· Providing other routine and ad-hoc reports and information to aid management informed decisions as at when required.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
· Bachelor’s degree in business (Finance, Accounting, or similar) required; ACA/ACCA and/ACIT preferred.
· 5 years’ experience in tax planning, business planning, cost accounting and corporate finance support roles.
· Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and tax principles.
· Experience with financial and accounting reporting systems
· Advanced Excel financial modeling skills.
· Highly organized with effective time management skills and attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently with effectiveness and efficiency under the demand of critical deadlines and conflicting priorities.
· Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
· Experience working with senior-level executives preferred.
· Written and oral presentation skills to provide clear and concise presentations.
· Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills.
· Understanding of Transfer Pricing principles
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.