Chemonics International Inc., a leading international development firm based in Washington, D.C (www.chemonics.com. seeks qualified candidates for a five-year agricultural value-chain development project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Any successful candidates will possess the following:
The Procurement Officer is responsible for providing effective support to the MARKETS II project by ensuring compliance with the project's procurement Standard Operating Procedures and related procurement policies. The responsibilities include ensuring procurement due diligence and support to the regional offices for procurement related requests. The specific duties include but are not limited to tbe following tasks:
• Liaise with the Admin. Assistant to identify service providers
• Prepare RFQs for distribution to service providers
• Draft selection memos to determine suitable service providers
• Filing procurement related documents according to provided procurement guidelines
• Prepare and keep records of LPOs
• Track vendor payments in liaison with Accounts unit
• Request for invoices after job completion and following up on Job completion certificates
• Retire expenses incurred
• Regularly update procurement unit's vendor data base
• Assist with procurement requests from regional offices (Lagos, Kano, Enugu and Niger delta).
• Regularly evaluate procurement policies and make suggestions for improvement where needed
Location of Assignment: This position will be based in Abuja.
Reporting Requirements: The Procurement Officer shall report to the Senior Operations Manager
• Degree or certificate is preferred
• At least 3-5 years' experience as a Procurement Officer
• Excellent working capabilities with MS Office
• Good interpersonal skills, honesty, and commitment to excellence
• Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff, USAID Mission personnel and the general development and business community.
• Experience with donors and USAID is preferred
• Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrates leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Qualified applicants should send their cover letters and detailed CYs saved in Microsoft Word format not later than March 31st, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org .The CV must include the names and email addresses of three professional referees which should include either the head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct supervisor. Please specify 'the position' in the subject line. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.