Our client, The University of Lagos Holding Company (UNIHOLD) is a fully registered private limited liability company with several subsidiaries, including, University of Lagos Ventures Limited, University of Lagos Press & Bookshop Limited and the University of Lagos Pharmaceutical Limited.
Due to restructuring, UNIHOLD is looking to recruit an MD - Bookshop and Press to manage the overall direction and coordination, for all aspects of the Business including strategic planning, internal organization, human resource and financial management.
The aim of each subsidiary is to maintain and promote vigorous and sustainable growth based on delivering a high quality service to its clientele.
The challenges are fresh, the atmosphere is high energy and the growth opportunities are endless. Are you versatile and cool under pressure? Does your “can do” attitude prevail over a fast-paced work environment? We are on the look out for you.
- Formulating and successfully implementing company policy;
- Ensure that defined corporate objectives are pursued;
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company;
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board;
- Reporting to the Managing Director of Uniholding on regular basis; Recruitment At The University Of Lagos Holding Company
- Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems;
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees;
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the Managing Director of Unihold of significant changes;
- Maintaining the operational performance of the company;
- Assuming full accountability to the Managing Director of Unihold for all company operations;
- Representing the company to major customers and professional associations;
- Building and maintaining an effective executive team;
- Look for opportunities for the expansion of the organisation;
- Perform other duties as required.
- 12 years of industry experience: 4 years as part of management team
- Candidates should be very experienced in the management of a large workforce, multiple printing product lines and the operations and commercial sides of the business
- Minimum years of industry experience: 8years
- Success in a senior leadership role within a large scale environment
- Degree in Production Management, Business Management, Economics.
- An MBA will be an advantage.
- Must have expereince in a large printing press.
COMPETENCY AND TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIRED
The Prospect must demonstrate:
- Good Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Process and result oriented, self-starter, with good analytical skills
- Highly developed leadership and general management skills
- A strong lateral thinker whose natural default is to create and/or encourage innovative solutions to challenges and problems
- Keen intellect and strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and pursue solutions swiftly
- Networking Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Feedback & Reporting skills
- Management skills
- Computer literate
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.