Dubbed the "Netflix of Africa", iROKOtv.com is the worlds largest online distributor of African movies. Headquartered in Africa's most populous country, Nigeria, with regional offices in Newyork and Johannedburg, the business has an audience in excess of 6million people worldwide and is regularly featured as one of Africa's fastest growing internet businesses in worldwide press including Techcrunch, CNN, CNBC,Africa, BBC, Variety, Financial Times, Economist and Forbes.
With substantial revenue projections expected over the next 3-5years, iROKOtv is now recruiting for a number of key senior executive roles.
To supervise the graphics and video editing team in preparation of movie files and associated image and video files to the required standards. The content lifecycle at iROKO involves multiple stages of workflows and multiple content transformations, and content transmissions. These transformations include formats, characteristics, meta-data, layout and more. At each transformation, content interacts with diverse systems and technologies. These iterations must be accurately recorded and continuously improved to serve the content production and distribution teams.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage the flow of licensed movies from producers to irokotv.com
- To quality check all movies received both manually and automatically to make sure that they meet the requisite standards
- Where possible, to correct all errors found during the QC process and flag files that cannot be corrected
- Ensure that all meta-data and associated materials are either submitted by producers or created by the graphics and video editing team
- Oversee creative briefs, production and delivery for in-house trailers, reels and associated graphic work
- Manage the creation of short clips for the website and online distribution
- Manage overall workload of the and communicate timelines to expectant parties
- Manage and ensure the proper storage of movie assets in their different iterations
- Support and train team members to improve overall competence and effectiveness of the team
- Any other function required
Desired Skills and Experience
- A University Degree (essential)
- A University Degree in Film, Journalism or Media (Desirable)
- Minimum 3 years of working experience (in film production, management in a supervisory position)
- A good knowledge of film, including editing and encoding standards, and how the media & entertainment industry functions
- An understanding of the basics of graphics design and video editing
Personal qualities & behavioural traits
- Ability to effectively manage a multi-faceted team
- Must be passionate about Nollywood and film
- Ability to effectively work to deadlines and multitask, effectively organise and prioritise
- Have an eye for detail, and be innovative
- Must be customer focused and sensitive to the customers’ needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Up to date on software and solutions used in the film industry especially for distribution purposes.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.