The European Union is one of the largest development partners of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The EU is assisting Nigeria mainly in the following areas: peace and security, governance and human rights and trade and regional lntegraton. In this context, the EU Delegation to Nigeria requires the services of:
Job No: 55429
- The successful candidate will be responsible to specific projects/programmes with primary focus on alleviation of rural poverty through social protection/social safety nets, improved resilience, enhanced food security and sustainable agricultural production.
Functions and Duties
Under the supervision of the Head of Section, the responsibilities are the following:
Management of EDF/EU Projects:
- General duties and functions include: Contribution to programming and mid-term review of the Nigeria National Indicative Programmes.
- Identification and formulation of programmes and projects - Internal monitoring of projects' implementation in co-ordination with Nigerian authorities (NAO), ensuring that EU regulations and procedures are followed.
Contribution to Reporting Requirements:
- Annual Management Plan (AMP), External Assistance Management Report (EAMR), Joint Annual Report (JAR), sector reports and ad-hoc reports Contribution to donor coordination mechanisms Contribution to sector policy dialogue and engagement with actors at federal, state and non-state levels - Contribution to the visibility of the EU cooperation in the sector/projects concerned.
- In the performance of the above-mentioned duties, the expert will work closely together with the other staff in the Delegation and in particular the Operations and Finance and Contracts sections.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Reporting to the Head of Section, the Project Officer is expected to contribute and provide technical expertise to the EU Delegation in all phases of the project management cycle, in particular to ensure proper project appraisal and subsequently monitoring of project implementation, and sector reviews.
- The Project Officer will be assigned specific projects/programmes with primary focus on alleviation of rural poverty among the most vulnerable groups through social protection/social safety nets, improved resilience, enhanced food security and sustainable agricultural production.
Communication and Networking:
- The position requires excellent analytical, drafting and communication skills, The ability to work under pressure and autonomously and adapt to a multi-cultural environment.
- The capacity to communicate complex information in an easily comprehensible manner.
- It requires flexibility towards new demands and the delivery of output in a structured way.
- The Project Officer will contribute to information exchange, coordination and policy dialogue with DPs, regional, national and local government actors, civil society and the private sector.
Education and Training:
- A University level education of at least 4 years in Resilience/Social Protection/Rural Development/Agriculture/Food Security or related fields.
- University studies attested by a diploma relevant to the position (Master or equivalent)
- At least 3 years relevant experience in development cooperation, project management, social protection, resilience, sustainable agriculture, rural development food security or nutrition.
- Previous experience in development cooperation activities in northern Nigeria would be an advantage.
- Full computer literacy
- Good knowledge of project management and development issues.
- Good Project monitoring methods and techniques
- Delivery of results/Management of work: Capacity to deliver in a structured way: Good
- Communication Skills: Capacity to communicate technical or specialised information: Good
- Motivation: Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way: Good
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- French at a working level.
- Good knowledge of Hausa would be highly advantageous
The gross basic salary is NGN 838,000 at the entry level of the salary grid. It may be raised in accordance with relevant salary scale (incl. allowances) depending on years of relevant professional experience.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter explaining their motivation, interest and suitability for this position and a recent Curriculum Vitae to: the Head of Administration on firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Applications received after the deadline or which do not conform to these instructions will be automatically rejected.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.