GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business
Job Number: 2044448
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
Business: GE Power & Water
Business Segment: PW-PGS Power Generation Services
The Commercial Leadership Program (CLP) at GE Power & Water develops sales and commercial leaders through challenging rotational assignments and a rigorous training curriculum. CLP prepares its members for off-program placement in challenging commercial roles by providing the opportunity to learn about GE Power & Water’s products and customers, while also making significant contributions to the business.
- A two-year program providing on the job experience with four six-month rotations within the commercial functions of GE Power & Water.
- Exposure to a number of Energy businesses, products, and leaders
- World-class training in sales, leadership, and business skills. Program participants strengthen their commercial, business, and leadership skills by completing an intensive curriculum of classroom, hands-on, and online training.
- World-class CLP Program
- Personalized rotation planning with challenging assignments
- Formal mentoring and coaching by senior management
- Strong networking with diverse group of CLPs around the world
- Business depth within commercial functions of GE Power & Water
- Preparation of contract documentation (sales contracts, specs, technical specs)
Throughout the two years duration of the program, the assignments will vary depending on business requirements and the off-program role objectives. However, the CLP can expect the following responsibilities at one point or another of the program:
- Development of competitive proposals and strategies, including risk mitigation and compliance, to support the Sales team in the region
- Understand local market dynamics
- Identification and management of commercial risks across the project scope
- Responsible for contract management, proposal development, risk and mitigation management
- Personal world-class training - online, hands-on, and in the Classroom
- Engineering degree or equivalent, preferably in Mechanical, Electrical, Power Systems, Systems or Industrial Engineering
- Required experience as 2 - 3.5 years’ work experience in related industry preferred in sales and commercial operations
- Internship, co-op, or full-time work experience in sales and/or the power generation business
- Academic excellence
- Demonstrated sales/people skills and/or aptitude.
- Demonstrated interest in sales and the energy industry
- The candidate must possess solid communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Geographic mobility - Relevant work permit or work authorization required
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- The candidate must be willing to work independently (after proper training) and be a self-starter
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Outstanding academic achievements (Top 25% of class).
- Interest in sales.
- Geographic flexibility and global mindset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.