Research Technicians at IITA
Posted on: 3 January, 2012
Deadline: 17 January, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at IITA - International Institute of
IITA is an international non-profit
research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by
a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group
of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on
the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural
solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing
producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity,
and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100
internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900
nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following position at the Institute's Headquarters, Ibadan.
Research Technicians - 2 positions, 2 year renewable contract
Successful candidates will among other things perform the following:
- Compile list of nutrient enriched hybrids and inbred lines and take stock of seeds available in the cold store.
- Participate in the preparation, packaging and dispatch of local, regional and international trials involving nutrient enriched varieties, hybrids and inbred lines.
- Arrange nutrient enriched breeding materials in the cold stores in good order to facilitate easy retrieval during seed preparation.
- Prepare requested seeds of nutrient enriched parental lines of hybrid, synthetics and other genetic materials for shipment to partners, research institutions and advanced research laboratories.
- Supervise casual labor during seed preparation, planting, pollination and harvesting.
- Ensure protection of seed production fields and making sure they are free from weeds.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Senior research Technician, Research Associate and the Scientist.
Qualification and Experience
Minimum of ND in Agriculture and at least four years working experience in similar research areas.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently and should be able to work extra hours.
We offer highly competitive salary attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with a detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees (including telephone, fax and email addresses, if available), evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to:
The Personnel Manager,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
Oyo Road, Ibadan,
not later than 2 weeks from the date of this publication.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agricul...Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunity at i+ consortium
- Job Opening at Mercy Corps
- Job Vacancy at Creative Associates International
- Information Communication Technology Advisor at Cuso International
- Program Manager at Creative Associates International
- Job Vacancy at The World Health Organization (WHO)
- Graduate Job Vacancies at eHealth Systems Africa
- Jobs at Bridge International Academies