Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited - We are a Business Consultancy firm focused on small/medium businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to grow their businesses by providing them with value -added and convenient services in a friendly atmosphere.
SENCE is recruiting to fill the position below:
Roles and Responsibilities
This position is a senior manager position. The position plans, organizes, directs, controls and evaluates the operations of the restaurant, bar, catering for group functions and other businesses that operate within serving food and beverage, knowledgeable in healthy food for the SPA customers. Requires great customer skills but applies management skills ensuring the labor and financial goals of the organization are maintained.
• Directs and evaluate food and beverage services;
• Assist in recruitment and training of staff: waiters, cooks and bartenders;
• Performance management; monitors staff performance and provides feedback;
• Purchases and controls inventory;
Monitors revenues and expenses;
• Ensures practice of health and safety regulations (knowledgeable the state’s health,
• safety and hygiene regulations and other regulatory bodies within the industry;
• Negotiates supplier arrangements for food and beverage products;
• Responsible for food preservation and storage;
• Ensures efficient food portioning using cost analysis technique;
• Ability to design and review menus;
• Organizes banquettes and functions;
• Coordinates all chiefs activities;
• Ensures customers’ satisfaction including receiving complaints and feed-backs.
• Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Communication - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
• Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
• Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
• Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
• Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
• Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Sales and Cost Analysis: Ability to analyst cost of raw materials and sales for profitability
• Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Food Preparation - Knowledge of preparation of different types of food including storage/handling techniques.
• Psychology - Knowledge of human behavior and performance;.
• Innovation - At the bar, possesses the ability to offer innovative cocktails for clients;
• IT Knowledge – usage of appropriate software (e.g. POS omega, ICJ etc.)
Roles and Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain relationships with customers.
• Correspond with customers via telephone, email or other means
• Solicit opinions; provide information about new products and services.
• Keep records or complete progress reports.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the field in order to provide competitive information to customers.
• Identify and establish new business
• Negotiate contracts
• Undertake relevant research
• Attending and organising trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
• Manage budgets
• Reviewing sales performance
• Writing reports and other literature
• A relevant degree from a reputable University
• Commercial awareness
• Sales skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Organisational skills
Interested and suitably qualified candidate should click here to apply online.